This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH QQ - raise fold F, re-eval T?

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: Not sure if I should be playing 3b/broke vs such a player, maybe I have too few hands to make any assumptions about this player and adjust yet? Should I just be raising and getting it in here?

I wasn't confident that this player would 4b a worse hand so just decided to call. If I got 4b I might just fold.

As played:

Flop: Should I be raise/folding the flop and re-evaluating future streets and such a wet board, especially since I think that villains range can contain a few draws and weaker pairs that might bet/call the flop?

Turn: I guess I should just fold the turn to a second barrell? At the time I thought he will barrell a scare card very often and my plan was just to check behind the river and x/f to further agression. I think that this would just be burning money however.

thanks

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $3.57
      UTG: $5.00
      MP: $5.77 21/13/1/6/29/53 hands
      Hero (CO): $6.79
      BTN: $6.34
      SB: $5.02

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, MP raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.14, fold, fold, BB calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.44, 3 players) 5:club: 8:diamond: 2:club:
      BB checks, MP bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, fold

Turn: ($0.94, 2 players) A:spade:
      MP bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($1.84, 2 players) 4:heart:
      MP bets $0.85, fold

MP wins $1.76
  • 2 replies
    • druidulix
      druidulix
      Bronze
      He does seem a little tight but its just 50 hands, so I'm 3-betting here every time (if he 4-bets its a guessing game if he has AK or not, but its not like its a horrible thing to fold)

Anyway, I would raise the flop just like you propose.
      As played on turn I think you can call, dont you think he could bet any other pair (88+?)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: If unsure whether you can 5bet profitably i would just call (especially if his opening range from MP is tight).

Flop: I am fine with both raising and calling. It would be kind of nasty to face a flop 3bet in these positions though. Do people really just 3bet Flop with JJ and TT and stack off? or a bunch of nut flush draws?

At higher limits like NL25 or NL50 I would think not. I'm not so sure about NL5, I think it's possible you get lots of value raising Flop.

I don't like the idea of Raise/Folding Flop unless you are confident that QQ is crushed by his Flop 3bet range. It's similar to preflop - Don't 3bet if you don't know whether you can jam profitably.

Turn: Definitely a call, standard barrel card for him

River: Not a great card for you, straight gets there, he has a ton of AX hands opening from MP too. I think folding is fine.