[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH QQ - raise fold F, re-eval T?

• muel294
      Preflop: Not sure if I should be playing 3b/broke vs such a player, maybe I have too few hands to make any assumptions about this player and adjust yet? Should I just be raising and getting it in here?

I wasn't confident that this player would 4b a worse hand so just decided to call. If I got 4b I might just fold.

As played:

Flop: Should I be raise/folding the flop and re-evaluating future streets and such a wet board, especially since I think that villains range can contain a few draws and weaker pairs that might bet/call the flop?

Turn: I guess I should just fold the turn to a second barrell? At the time I thought he will barrell a scare card very often and my plan was just to check behind the river and x/f to further agression. I think that this would just be burning money however.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $3.57
      UTG: $5.00
      MP: $5.77 21/13/1/6/29/53 hands
      Hero (CO): $6.79
      BTN: $6.34
      SB: $5.02

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, MP raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.14, fold, fold, BB calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.44, 3 players) 5:club: 8:diamond: 2:club:
      BB checks, MP bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, fold

Turn: ($0.94, 2 players) A:spade:
      MP bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($1.84, 2 players) 4:heart:
      MP bets $0.85, fold

MP wins $1.76
  • 2 replies
    • druidulix
      He does seem a little tight but its just 50 hands, so I'm 3-betting here every time (if he 4-bets its a guessing game if he has AK or not, but its not like its a horrible thing to fold)

Anyway, I would raise the flop just like you propose.
      As played on turn I think you can call, dont you think he could bet any other pair (88+?)
    • mbml

Preflop: If unsure whether you can 5bet profitably i would just call (especially if his opening range from MP is tight).

Flop: I am fine with both raising and calling. It would be kind of nasty to face a flop 3bet in these positions though. Do people really just 3bet Flop with JJ and TT and stack off? or a bunch of nut flush draws?

At higher limits like NL25 or NL50 I would think not. I'm not so sure about NL5, I think it's possible you get lots of value raising Flop.

I don't like the idea of Raise/Folding Flop unless you are confident that QQ is crushed by his Flop 3bet range. It's similar to preflop - Don't 3bet if you don't know whether you can jam profitably.

Turn: Definitely a call, standard barrel card for him

River: Not a great card for you, straight gets there, he has a ton of AX hands opening from MP too. I think folding is fine.