• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Hi,
      UTG unknown
      BU 30/20/3.0/13.2/19/120hands
      3b from BU 32%
      3b vs UTG 22%

Seemed like a decent spot to cold 4b vs a wide BU 3bettor.

No idea what to do OTF since I assumed he would fold a lot.
      Decided to give up since he should be flatting fairly strong.

After he checks back I thought his range would have to be fairly polarized because he's usually slowplaying or giving up. Didn't think QQ+ would give a free card, but now I'm not so sure.

After I fire turn I was planning to shove some rivers but it might be spewy considering he can prob still have made hands.

Really lost in this spot

BTN: $42.72 (170.9 bb)
      SB: $6.20 (24.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $57.19 (228.8 bb)
      MP: $25 (100 bb)
      CO: $32.05 (128.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      UTG raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BTN raises to $2.60, SB folds, Hero raises to $6, UTG folds, BTN calls $3.40

Flop: ($12.85) J T T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($12.85) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, BTN folds

Results:
      $12.85 pot ($0.64 rake)
      Final Board: J T T 3
      BTN mucked and lost (-$6 net)
      Hero mucked Q A and won $12.21 ($6.21 net)
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I definitely agree with preflop.

On the flop I would be kind of lost as well... It sucks to be OOP here since villain can slowplay but he has what.. 3x JJ combos, 1xTT combo, and let's say 6xQQ+ combos. I doubt he just flats all of those so half of them is enough imo. He probably has less in practice. This means he can continue with 10 combos. My thinking is what do you want your range to be here? Would you cbet QQ+? Do you have JJ, TT in your range preflop? Basically, what's YOUR range here? From there we can think of how to play. I slightly favour betting because of the excellent price you get and he will fold all hands like 76d, 55 imo.

If you think he'd stab you can consider check/call with all your made hands and maybe AK, AQ. I usually go the aggressive route here and cbet small with all my range, I don't think BU can do much about it so not sure about the passive way, esp OOP.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Thanks Manu,

RE: my range, I'm not really sure what I would/wouldn't cbet here.
      I guess cbetting my whole range should be better since I would most likely bet QQ+
      Would you factor in things like BD equity? like maybe cbetting our overpairs w/o BD hearts? & check/call or check/shove the others?

I really don't know how to construct his range here, but if I think hes stabbing wide maybe c/raising my whole range could be good too?

I thought if I cbet I am usually going to have to check turn with a lot of my range, so with a delayed cbet I can still rep the nuts.

Now I'm just rambling because this hand has me confused :D
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Given how tight your range and your equity on the flop with bluffs vs his underpairs I think cbetting is best.. you can bet/bet as a bluff and shut down on river or bet flop, shove turn... That is dependent on which you think gains you more FE. I'm often tempted to bet/bet/shove my whole range here but I think that's a bit spewy looking at it now.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      ok thanks :) yeh I think I agree with betting also now.