My William Hill account has been locked.

• l3ogdan
      l3ogdan
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am in a very unpleasant situation and I`m asking for an advice regarding this issue, hoping someone maybe experienced/heard similar situation. The story is the following: After I successfully passed the SNG quiz, I have opened an account on William Hill through pokerstrategy.com and I received the free money there. After a while, at the end of November 2012, I decided to unlock the limit restriction in order to be able to achieve points faster and also to upgrade to GOld status on PS. So I made a first deposit of 100 EUR and started playing $5.5 BI table SNG`s and sometimes $11 BI SNG`s. After a month of playing, my bankroll increased to 500 EUR. All good until this point.

At the beginning of this week, I contacted their online support live chat service because I was not able to log in on their website in order to opt in for one of their currently active promotions. After a bunch of verification tests which I noticed to be part of their standard procedures, they told me my age was never verified, so asked me to send them a copy of my ID Card. I`ve sent them a copy of my ID Card (which I had it saved into my computer since some time) but they told me the document was not accepted by their security team(I didn`t understand exactly why), so I took a picture with my driver license and sent it to them. After this, they told me I will be contacted via email and I will be provided with all the details regarding my concern. In that day I was able to play on their poker client, until evening when I`ve been disconnected with an error message stating my account has been locked for security reasons. I contacted again the live chat support, and they informed me the account was locked because I sent fake documents. I emailed their support department asking about this unacceptable situation, and the second day I contacted again the live chat support and agreed with them to send again documents pictures. So I took new photos with my ID Card, Driver license and also my Birth Certificate and sent them to documents@willhill.com. In the same day, I received a notification via email stating the documents are being reviewed by the security team and I will be contacted with further updates. Since then(3 days ago), I didn`t receive any new email, and the live chat support told me that the status is the same and there`s nothing else they can help me with at this moment.

Is there anyone who experienced similar situations in the past, or who can help me with this matter? Is there any third party entity where I can file a complaint regarding my situation? Any help/advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks
  • 12 replies
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Never really experienced anything like this

WH support is generally good amongst all ipoker rooms
      Wait till Tuesday I guess

If not I am sure PS mods will be able to help you to some extent

Hope it gets sorted soon
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey l3ogdan,

I recently had an ID verification test with William Hill and I had none of this. I sent them my drivers license as specified and that was that.

My advice is to remain patient because if you've done nothing wrong here then everything should be OK ;)

Give them another few days and then let us know what is going on

Best regards,
      Gary
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      any update on this?
    • stewz1
      stewz1
      Basic
      generally good service from whill.wait a while and if you get no satisfactionyou can contact maltese lisence board.
    • l3ogdan
      l3ogdan
      Bronze
      Hi again,

Considering the time needed for investigating such "problems" I wouldn't say that William Hill support is one of the best. I received another email from them 2 days ago, but no new status and still no clear conclusion. Here`s the email:

"Hi Bogdan,

This is Amy, VIP Manager here at William Hill Poker.

Please be informed that your account is currently being handled by our Security team and due to the sensitivity of the issue, investigation on this matter may take longer than usual.

We kindly ask for your continued patience and understanding on the matter. Rest assured you will be notified for further updates.

Kind regards,

Amy

Poker VIP Manager
      William Hill On-line
      E-mail: vip@williamhillpoker.com"

I`m just wondering what "longer than usual" means in their opinion.

P.S. Thanks for your feedback
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I needed to verify my age this week when I tried to withdraw some of my money. I found it strange as I have done the full verification process twice in the past. But it seems that for some reasons they are now extra careful.

It worked well, I took a photo of my ID with my iphone, saved it to laptop and sent it through livechat. At first it didn't work with Opera browser, but when I tried it with Firefox it worked and my account opened for withdrawals.

But sometimes their support can be a pain in the butt, I have had some not-so-nice incidents with them. But in the end, they have always ended happily.
    • l3ogdan
      l3ogdan
      Bronze
      Hi again,

Today I finally received the following notification regarding my problem:

"
      Hi Bogdan,

This is Amy, VIP Manager here at William Hill Poker.

Our Security team has completed their checks in your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been reopened.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch should you need further assistance with regards to your account.

Kind regards,

Amy
      "

Thanks again for your support!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Great news!
    • qwerty999123
      qwerty999123
      Basic
      Same thing has happened to me. They can eff off. here is the chat transcript:

Ralf (The agent is listening)
      Ralf: Hi, you’re speaking to Ralf. How may I help you?
      You: Hi, I just created an account and I have had issues with getting locked out.
      You: Apparently the security team needs some documents from me.
      You: So here they are.
      File attachment upload has started.
      The file Passport (211.89KB) was received.
      The file Bill (220.78KB) was received.
      Ralf: Thanks, Can I take a few minutes to check our system?
      Ralf: Thank you for waiting.
      Ralf: Can you please resend the requested documents in JPEG format thanks.
      The file IMG_0317.JPG (211.89KB) was received.
      The file IMG_0315.JPG (211.05KB) was received.
      Ralf: Thanks, Kindly give us 5-10 minutes to check the documents.
      You: OK
      Ralf: Hi.
      Ralf: We are still checking the documents, allow us a few minutes more.
      You: OK
      Ralf: Thank you for waiting.
      Ralf: We regret to inform you we have been unable to verify the authenticity of the recent documentation which you have provided us with.
      Ralf: Until such time as we have received valid documentation which satisfies our requirements under our Money Laundering and Fraud prevention regulatory requirements the account will remain suspended and any funds will remain held.
      You: Well, you need to explain what is wrong with what I have sent you. Your explanation does not tell me what is wrong.
      Ralf: You need to provide us valid documents.
      You: Again, what does that mean. I have taken a photo of my passport and a utility bill.
      You: Yesterday I sent scanned images of the passport and a photo of my bank statement and a scan of my bank staement.
      You: So, please don't just keep repeating yourself. Tell me what is wrong with what I have sent you.
      You: The passport is sufficient to travel to other countries but not play on your site?
      You: Really?
      Ralf: According to our Security team, your documents were not authentic documents.
      You: hahahahaha
      You: Holy shit you people are hilarious
      You: My passport is not authentic?
      You: Is that really what you are saying?
      Ralf: Based on the checking of our Security Team, yes.
      You: Well, what is your reply?
      You: Then your security team are morons. I guess you better notify thew Canadian government that I have a fake passport because they issued it to me.
      Ralf: I am really sorry but you can send us another set of documents aside from the one you just gave us.
      You: So I should just blindly send you all of my documentation and hope that you approve me. That is very trusting of me isn't it?
    • rompas
      rompas
      Hi Qwerty,

only advice i can give you is try to send documents again, and follow this guideline from William hill,

When sending in your documents please ensure the following:

That each document is sent as a separate image.
      That your image is clear, taken in good light and the documents are easily recognisable. For example torn, blurred or water damaged documents won't be accepted.
      That all corners and edges are visible. For example don't take your picture too close up.
      That the image is not obstructed or covered in any way. For example don't have your fingers or passport cover in the picture.
      Your images should be photo captured or scanned as a .jpeg image file.

it happend me also some times when i sent documents they didnt accept cause it was blurry or not all edges where shown clearly, or that my name and adress was not shown clear enough at the utility bill.

keep us updated and Good luck/ Rompas
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I hate when that happens. I once got my account locked without any email or explanation. When I sent email to the customer support, they said that I need to contact Security Team. They gave me a phone number, that didn't work. So I contacted the customer chat (lol) and they told me that they cannot discuss about the situation in chat or email, I need to contact the Security Team. I explained that the number doesn't work. They told me to call Security Team.

I tried to be patient, but when they told me that Security Team doesn't handle the matters via email, I got a bit angry. I asked them what am I supposed to do as calling seems to be the only way but the number doesn't work? Customer support solved this by telling me that Security Team can call me. I asked when, and they replied that in couple of minutes. It was almost midnight at my time and I told that. I stayed up for 2 hours and then gave up. After 48h they hadn't called me.

So I entered he friggin' chat one again, and went through the same mambo jambo (how can I help you, security questions, please give me few minutes to check shit, please give me few more minutes to check even more shit etc.) Once again they said that they can ask Security Team to contact me. I told them what has happened and just let it go. I told them exactly how I felt, and after that the Security Team actually called me.

The caller was some kind of Indian person, and I just couldn't understand what he said. I tried to ask someone else to the phone, so I could understand. Finally he managed to ask me "have you played from any other country than your own in past weeks?". I said yes, and he said "ok, I will open your account".

At that point I almost tilted. So after all this work they just asked me that? And couldn't handle it in customer support, or by email?

At least some playing sites understand that good customer support is one of the biggest deciding factors for high volume players.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I hope you were reimbursed for the inconvenience. The least they could do is give you some tournament tickets or something.