BTN: 129.12 BB
      Hero (SB): 204.68 BB
      BB: 120.52 BB
      UTG: 55.48 BB
      MP: 39.56 BB
      CO: 97.8 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, BTN calls 6 BB

Flop: (17 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond: 9:spade: 5:diamond:
      Hero bets 12 BB, BTN calls 12 BB

Turn: (41 BB, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (41 BB, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets 19.48 BB, BTN raises to 69 BB, fold

BTN wins 76 BB

74 hands VPiP 28 PFR 23.

Cbet turn? He is unknown, and I was not sure if he calls again with weaker, but probably it is good because draws call. I expected him to bet also with draws, so I can call it if it is big size bet, or push.

River ok fold? 68 and 63 makes straigth but is he really calling that preflop? His stats look like regg, because of high PFR?
      Could he check behind with set, maybe he thought I am giving up on turn? Or maybe he bluffed with missed fd
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey mlatasrb,

Somewhat difficult to answer vs unknown here.

Vs a player with a high Ft3bet it might not be the greatest board to cbet, because his range will be tighter and he isn't folding huge amounts on this board. Vs other opponents you have two over-cards and a decent amount of FE so it's fine. Reads help.

As for turn: The benefit to betting --> you will illicit calls from TT,JJ,QK + any flush-draws. The benefit to checking, you will illicit bluffs from his floating range + many players end up misplaying ,77, 88, T9 in these spots by betting huge on turn when checked to.

You'd probably only get one more street from worse pairs anyway, which you will be able to get on the river if turn goes check/check. In terms of ranges, by checking you are at the top of your range, by betting you are closer to the bottom. Despite drawy looking board I think checking is solid option here.

As for river, folding is fine here. It's hard to see what he is repping, and it's true your <1/2 pot could have induced a bluff-raise. In reality people raise the river as a bluff so rarely, I'd just assume he has value here without reads.