This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AK 4bet cold

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 108.16 BB
      SB: 114.12 BB
      BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 110.88 BB
      MP: 176.96 BB
      Hero (CO): 163.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: K:heart:

UTG raises to 3 BB, MP raises to 10 BB, Hero raises to 27 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 17 BB

Flop: (58.4 BB, 2 players) Q:spade: T:diamond: Q:heart:
      MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: (58.4 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
      MP checks, Hero bets 28 BB, fold

Hero wins 55.48 BB

MP 244 hands VPiP 19, PFR 15 3bet 10 from MP 3/12 times.
      UTG 46 hands, VPiP 14.

Is my 4bet ok here? I dont want to call it would be mostly 3way. Is 4bet size ok? HE 3bets often from MP, so I want him to call light. I would have to fold to push even that I already invested a lot of money, right?

Is postflop ok? On turn I hoped he called me light, and maybe he folds his AK, AJs or something like this.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey mlatasrb,

I'm not a huge fan of your 4bet with AK. It's true MP might be 3betting light; I don't think that means you should expect him to call a 4bet with worse. Your hand is actually pretty over-repped in this spot at these limits.

I think it'd be a solid play with bluffs and KK+, but with AK you end up at bottom of your range, and I think it's actually better to flat and play multiway.

Standard 4bet sizing most players use here is about 22-26bb. However you are deep so your sizing looks fine to me.

Turn play looks ok. Not sure if villain is ever folding a better hand, and most worse hands he will fold. For protection it is fine though - not to mention you still have equity vs a hand like JJ, and once in a while you will get called by AJ or random other draws.