[NL2-NL10] J6 2-pair limped pot

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      I don't think I really played this one optimally, I'd had some history with villain at this point and I haven't seen him make this play yet.

Interestingly this is the guy who always usually checks flop/bets turn, often with TP on the flop, so maybe he's betting the flop with something like a draw. I think I should be playing this much more aggressively.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $12.35
      MP: $15.63
      CO: $11.63
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $9.96
      Hero (BB): $8.72

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 6:diamond: J:heart:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) 6:heart: J:spade: 7:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.50) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($0.50) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP raises to $1.20, Hero folds

Final Pot: $1.20
      MP wins $1.15
      (Rake: $0.05)
  • 6 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Not sure why you are playing it so passively. This is a limped pot so I will just pot every street if the board runs out blank and go for max value.

If you check the Turn and that guy bets 10cents, you should always checkraise. We almost always have the best hand here.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Pre why don't you have full stack ?

Bet pot flop and turn for value, bet river 60% pot for value

Your better post the stats, because we might see something you don't. Blindly calling reraise is marginal but at river we least pay for sd, on previous streets we should expect a bet broke if we continue.

if his af% on river is under 30 i fold if its over 50 i call.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Pre why don't you have full stack ?

Bet pot flop and turn for value, bet river 60% pot for value

Your better post the stats, because we might see something you don't. Blindly calling reraise is marginal but at river we least pay for sd, on previous streets we should expect a bet broke if we continue.

if his af% on river is under 30 i fold if its over 50 i call.
      Don't think I have agg. frequency set up on my HUD, he's raised/check raised flop/turn/river 0 times though, so I'm assuming he has something better than a pair, but it's not a great basis to go on.

He plays draws aggressively and limps a wide range of hands (lots of low connectors in there) and WTSD 17%.

The thing with this hand is that previously this guy was firing abuse at me via chat for raising Q8 on the btn and hitting 3 of a kind, which I think had a negative impact how I play vs. him in some way. I should have probably found a new table after I became this guy's sole reason to continue playing.

I don't have a full stack because I lost a hand previously, I think this all factors into my mentally retarded way of playing this one. Still need to improve some of my mental faults.

without keeping the momentum up on the flop and turn I feel all I can do is fold the river when he raises.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      If he has it out for you i would go broke, and you should turn of the chat if you can. Sure it might give some extra info on enemies mental state or skill but it might be just a ruse, and overall annoying to read it.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I'm not folding. What does he rep? J3? 73/63? 33?

You beat some of his value hands (J3) and lose to 33. Your hand is so badly underrepped and he may be tilty/angry towards you that I think the chances of a spazz is significantly higher.

I don't see how u can ever fold here. And please just bet bet bet.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Thanks for the great replies, this is a particularly insightful hand for me as I think it represents the weakest end of my game.