NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($5.38)
      BB ($3.23)
      UTG ($10.11)
      UTG+1 ($5.86)
      CO ($5.61)
      BTN ($3.15)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, BB calls $0.20, fold

FLOP ($0.55) 4:diamond: T:spade: 7:club:

Hero bets $0.38, BB calls $0.38

TURN ($1.31) 4:diamond: T:spade: 7:club: J:diamond:

Hero bets $0.70, BB raises to $2.60 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $2.53

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Flop looks good,

On the turn 89 gets there and hands like TJ. T8/T9 pick up a draw but I'm curious if you see any value in another bet?

Can't we check to let him bet his floats (I'd assume, since he is fishy, that he can have quite a few)?

Vs his shove we need 29% equity and we don't really have that.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Considering he played 8/10 hand so far i assumed he is loose passive and we better not c/c against him so i took thin value bet line, with c/f river finish. In know it was only 10 hands but he was playing passive.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Considering he played 8/10 hand so far i assumed he is loose passive and we better not c/c against him so i took thin value bet line, with c/f river finish. In know it was only 10 hands but he was playing passive.
      Would we lose that much value if he checks back that turn (once we check to him)?

However, I agree with you that there is some thin value to be had versus some Tx and 88/99 hands.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He might be calling his ace high or guthots, 56, and have no info if he would bluff a river. If we bet somewhere and he is not expected to bet himself we better bet turn, but we can check and if he bets we are beat, and can go for thin value at the river.

I personally didn't think jx changed that much for him.

How would you play this ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      He might be calling his ace high or guthots, 56, and have no info if he would bluff a river. If we bet somewhere and he is not expected to bet himself we better bet turn, but we can check and if he bets we are beat, and can go for thin value at the river.

I personally didn't think jx changed that much for him.

How would you play this ?
      With no info here I would probably check the turn and if he checks back we bet the river.

If he bets we can ck/call.

The J didn't change a whole lot but some hands got there and 2nd pair (from flop) became 3rd pair so I doubt we can get 3 streets of value versus them. I expect him to check back a lot of weaker made hands and some of the floats/draws could still bet.