Hero (MP1): $9.50
      MP2: $19.75
      CO: $17.85
      BTN: $4.30
      SB: $4.50
      BB: $12.40
      UTG: $10.25
      UTG+1: $4.85

Pre-Flop: J:club: A:diamond: dealt to Hero (MP1)
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) 5:spade: A:spade: Q:heart: (3 Players)
      BB bets $0.95, Hero raises to $1.90, BTN folds, BB calls $0.95

Turn: ($4.75) 9:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.80, BB calls $2.80

River: ($10.35) 8:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.50 and is All-In, BB folds (MUCKED)

Results: $10.35 Pot ($1 Rake)
      [i]Hero showed J:club: A:diamond: (a pair of Aces)

I was thinking about folding on the flop because he bet pot, should i have folded it ?

My bet on the river might have been bad but it was such a big pot and i didnt want to give up on it, its good he folded though :D
  • 7 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hero showed J :club: A :diamond: (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$5 NET) - You sure he folded??

On preflop dont raise 3BBs, raise 4BBs.

On the flop if you want to raise (and you should raise, to protect against flush draw and to build the pot), raise atleast to $3 or $4, with a miniraise you don't get any information about the opponent's hand and you're giving him odds to call with a draw. With a bigger raise he'd probably fold any flushdraw.

On the turn you could check behind to control the pot, since you don't know if he had a flush draw.

On the river check behind, I never bet with TPGK or TPTK with a board with 4 suited cards.
    • Tanya24
      Tanya24
      Bronze
      YEah he folded, look on the river "bb folds", the lost thing is like the average outcome of the hand against 2 random cards on that boards i think.

Ty for the advice, i was playing a bit looser in that game blind stealing and raising marginal hands because the table was tight so i didnt want to do 4 x BB each time. i usually follow the rule and add for limpers.

I just had no idea what cards was he betting with because he bet the pot on the flop so i didnt think he was on a draw, a 2 pair maybe like AQ and stopping a draw himself, was a confusing hand for me
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tanya24
      YEah he folded, look on the river "bb folds", the lost thing is like the average outcome of the hand against 2 random cards on that boards i think.

Ty for the advice, i was playing a bit looser in that game blind stealing and raising marginal hands because the table was tight so i didnt want to do 4 x BB each time. i usually follow the rule and add for limpers.

I just had no idea what cards was he betting with because he bet the pot on the flop so i didnt think he was on a draw, a 2 pair maybe like AQ and stopping a draw himself, was a confusing hand for me
      Don't worry about those pot bets, players on NL10 do things we can't even imagine :D

Anyway, I think you could bet/fold on the turn, so you'd be sure if he had a FD.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Anyway, I think you could bet/fold on the turn, so you'd be sure if he had a FD.
      I don't like bet/folding the turn. You'll only get called by better hands. I think hero can extract more from weaker hands by checking behind on the turn for pot control and inducing a bluff on the river.

The way this hand was played I'd also check behind on the river. By betting there you'll only get called by a better hand, you can acomplish nothing betting. Just think about it, no weaker Aces nor smaller pairs can call you on the river and you won't make a spade fold (unless villain is really... really stupid). :D
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      I don't like bet/folding the turn. You'll only get called by better hands. I think hero can extract more from weaker hands by checking behind on the turn for pot control and inducing a bluff on the river.

The way this hand was played I'd also check behind on the river. By betting there you'll only get called by a better hand, you can acomplish nothing betting. Just think about it, no weaker Aces nor smaller pairs can call you on the river and you won't make a spade fold (unless villain is really... really stupid). :D
      Well I think he could make a weak spade fold, but I think it's not worth trying against an unknown player. But you're right on the turn, even though he might be called with worse hands if the opponent is a donkey, a check to control the pot is better.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      With the odds villain is getting on the river, I don't think a weak spade would fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d just call flop, since I don´t want to get all-in when player 3-bets.
      I would check behind on the turn for pot control.
      Both shoving river and checking behind on the river are fine. You´re often ahead with tp and you can be sure 100% time that no worse hand would call your shove. So you´re turning your hand into bluff. So I´d just check behind and take free showdown.