Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.85)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($3.42)
      CO ($5.87)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.35

FLOP ($1) J:heart: 4:club: 2:spade:

SB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

TURN ($1.90) J:heart: 4:club: 2:spade: 4:spade:

SB bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65

RIVER ($3.20) J:heart: 4:club: 2:spade: 4:spade: 9:club:

SB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

SB shows A:club: J:spade:
      (Pre 28%, Flop 21.8%, Turn 11.4%)

Hero shows Q:heart: Q:club:
      (Pre 72%, Flop 78.2%, Turn 88.6%)

Hero wins $4.30

His donking put me off, it seems i left in value.
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I'm wondering why we didn't raise at any point?

I would like to put in a small raise on the flop, around 2.4-2.5x his bet. It's not like we are folding this hand here BvB.

If not the flop we should definitely raise the turn. His hand looks like a Jx or smaller pair or a monster. Against the weaker part we lose a ton of value.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      It was his first donk ever and i exercised caution but i really least should raised river.

I expected more like bluff or monster at the time, mixed with some aj.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      It was his first donk ever and i exercised caution but i really least should raised river.

I expected more like bluff or monster at the time, mixed with some aj.
      Considering it's BvB he can have more than AJ.

What would you do versus larger bets? Are you ever folding on this board if let's say he goes bet/bet/bet (to put you all in on river)?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      No, this was poorly played, happens many times :I

I think we should raise turn, if he was bluffing with decent size then let him but once that lackluster turnbet shows up raising to 1,7-1,8 looks appropriate.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      No, this was poorly played, happens many times :I

I think we should raise turn, if he was bluffing with decent size then let him but once that lackluster turnbet shows up raising to 1,7-1,8 looks appropriate.
      That sounds about right.

How's your game going btw? Are you close to 10nl?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Closer, i was on -20 bi on december 15 and was be up until dec 13 from nov 21 when i started, so i lost 20bi in that 3 days, now i am on +8. I usually tend to be more aggressive when i start the session or in the morning but but even getting bit better i know i am still massively screwing up with some aspect of my game, overall running 1/100 atm.

So whats the advice to people who do poorly have vague idea what aspect of their game is lacking that much and they end up questioning everything, or maybe changing things that shouldn't be changed. Still my improvement feels like i am painting the fence when the house is in ruins, considering i played 12/100 back then initially constantly looking at a starting hand chart and overall no idea how to play. I even checked -20 bi days right now and the main theme seemed to be that i was more eager to look people up, especially if they seemed agro.

What do you see as my main mistake ?

As far as i can tell my main mistakes are:
      - I tend to look people up lighter then i should
      - I am hesitant to scale back my opening range, while knowing a loose aggressive fish can have more aggression per round than whole table together

Math if often the right answer, could use more self control too and better hand reading.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      From the hands I analyzed for you in the past month we definitely have a recurring theme with calling down too light and generally bluffcatching in spots where villains can rarely have bluffs.

We've also seen some spots where we don't valuebet enough, like this hand, so the two combined can be very damaging to ones bankroll.

I'm jumping into a coaching right now but I can add more later.