NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.31)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($5.64)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      CO ($4.93)
      BTN ($10.19)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.12, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.28

FLOP ($0.82) 7:spade: 2:heart: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $0.41, BTN calls $0.41

TURN ($1.64) 7:spade: 2:heart: 6:diamond: J:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.26, Hero raises to $2.52, BTN folds

Hero shows A:spade: A:heart:

Hero wins $3.89

Overall satisfied with it, but acted pretty fast on turn maybe drawing it out or pushing instead of minraise would have better effect.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: The flop play is fine and on the turn I think a min raise looks scarier than a shove but not by a lot. The entire act of raising there as PFR is really strong.

Ask yourself what you would do if you bet let's say QJ on the turn and got min raise or shoved on?

Considering he seems aggro too you can take the line of just calling and calling any river.

Or simply go for bet/bet/bet
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      The problem with it once i call that massive bet and check the river i told him i have something least 88, he maybe can value bet against it or can make it fold. If i raise or push the turn my hand is still a mistery i might have a hand good enough to go broke or just abusing his predictable aggression.

If he thought i was weak tight i would go for c/c turn c/c river, but probably he thinks i am *** hole :D

So if he has nothing he folds anyway but if he has something he might shove light on me, with the same hand he would check back river.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      The problem with it once i call that massive bet and check the river i told him i have something least 88, he maybe can value bet against it or can make it fold. If i raise or push the turn my hand is still a mistery i might have a hand good enough to go broke or just abusing his predictable aggression.

If he thought i was weak tight i would go for c/c turn c/c river, but probably he thinks i am *** hole :D

So if he has nothing he folds anyway but if he has something he might shove light on me, with the same hand he would check back river.
      At the same time your line of bet flop, ck/call turn could be interpreted as weak so if you are going with the assumption that he is aggro then this may present him with a good opportunity to bluff the river.

You can also bet 1/2 on the turn that may induce him to bluff raise you.

You mentioned that he thinks you are an ***hole. Why exactly? What history do we have?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Just that he knows that i am aggressive, least acted like it. He got few 3bet from me especially in the blinds. Not sure if you recall but this is the guy i pushed low pocket against his 4b in blind fight 120 bb deep.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Just that he knows that i am aggressive, least acted like it. He got few 3bet from me especially in the blinds. Not sure if you recall but this is the guy i pushed low pocket against his 4b in blind fight 120 bb deep.
      I remember that hand :)

I prefer the Ck raise or small cbet then.