BTN: 222.84 BB
      SB: 115.4 BB
      Hero (BB): 114.08 BB
      UTG: 223.32 BB
      MP: 103.96 BB
      CO: 160.92 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, BTN calls 7 BB

Flop: (20.4 BB, 2 players) Q:club: 9:heart: J:heart:
      Hero bets 12 BB, BTN calls 12 BB

Turn: (44.4 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero bets 24 BB, BTN calls 24 BB

River: (92.4 BB, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero bets 43.88 BB, BTN calls 43.88 BB

39 hands, VPiP32, PFR 16

Should I bet turn larger? River is very bad, is 50% bet good?
      I hoped he calls AQ, KK, AA, AJ here.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Prefer flatting here. No need to 3bet this hand, it's strong enough to call esp when you are in the BB.

Flop: This is a board where I like checkraising a lot. We have so many nice Turn cards to shove our entire stack in, especially a club.

But if he is more on the passive side then betting is better.

River: I don't think the River card is very good for us. Flush got there, straights got there, board paired too so QJ and J9 and J8 have boats now.

I don't see too much value for us. he has to be really bad to call AQ and KQ here (when everything got there). So that leaves mostly hands like QT JT J9 QJ flushes etc in his range. We aren't ahead of any of these hands and we are chopping a lot.

I think we can't value bet unless you think he calls KQ/AQ which I highly doubt. That means we have to check here.

check/call or check/fold? I think check/call is fine if you expect him to turn some QX hands into bluffs but if he is more passive then you should check/fold cos u are only chopping at best.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Are we really afraid of QT JT J9 QJ?
      We split with QT, JT which is not a problem, I dont think he ever calls 3bet with J9s, so only QJ is problematic which he probably raises on flop on this dangerous board.

I was expecting him also to raise me on flop with any set.
      So I think he has more often AQ, AA, KK, KQ, AJ than J9 and QJ against we lose.
      He called here with AJ.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      this is really dependent on how bad villain is. I think many players will just fold JX on the Turn (straight and flush both got there, yet he called AJ again?)

Betting for value seems really optimistic. I don't see how he can really call AQ on the river again. Maybe he makes a call with JX on the turn with the Ace or King of hearts, then he may look at his absolute hand strength (trips in this case) and make a bad river call.

Did he have something like AhJ?