This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The loose passive adventures of a gutshot peeler (NL Cash Heads UP)

• xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      -----=== MY HU BLOG ===-----

New game, new blog... same update frequency :D :D (hopefully not)

Intro:
      So far I've played about 50k hands HU, i think (don't know for sure). Managed to burn my hard drive 3 times for the last 3 months), so don't have all of my stats, just end of june/july

Graph:

Well, I think im steadily progressing) The tough point about HU, is the absense of objective feedback) But i am doing my best to become a better coach for myself :D In fact, i've turned my life inside up))
      Quit smoking, started excersizing, changed sleeping/eating patterns (finnaly, i sleep at night :P ) - all to get more energy to study) I am spending around 10h per day around the game) So progress is coming... (hopefully)))

Im definitely moving to NL 100 by the end of july
      And will fire myself if i am not reaching NL 600 (at least) by the end of the year))

So keep watching me) I promise at least weekly updates)
  • 15 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Nice goals. I am sure you will reach them due to your commitment to this game.
      Good luck!
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      aha I just started HU, and I will be following that blog asiduously !
      If you have time, maybe you could tell me what you think of a HU short match against a maniac (I posted it in my blog, but maybe you don't read it or didn't see it, as it was in some tl;dr kinda post)
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?p=5050515#post5050515

luv the title too. show me some nice J high calls :P
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      If you have time, maybe you could tell me what you think of a HU short match against a maniac

you got some descent feedback there
      limp/call - is the adjustment i make against aggro fishes) 4betting doesn't make much sense. Its way better to limp/call hands like A8o, then bet/call 3bet.
      It may sound a bit silly for sh player, but that's exactly how you play aggro fishes - limp/call BU and watch him beting out his stack with all kind of crap)

however, i prefer to avoid them) the varience is just too high and things get really ugly when you get deeper) I prefer loose/passives (just like me :P )

btw, nice idea of a replayer... ps has to make smthing like this
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Update :D

Moved to NL 100 3 days ago) So far down 1 stack or so...
      Decided to take a bit more aggressive brm on the lower limits. Was going to move up with 40-45 stacks, but eventually figured out 30-35 is totally fine. W/o tilting too much and having an adequate stop loss, should work just fine.
      So far my FTP bankroll is 3.3k. Going to start taking shots on NL 200 from 5-6k or smthing. Still not sure if I am going to deposit more in August, since my study plan is kinda long and I am not going to move up until i learn everything i've planned. Its a bit challenging to play 6-7 p/day and then study for another 3-5) Comprehension lacks, of course, but its fine, I have all the time in the world))
      For now I have to finish loose/passive video series (on crunners) and planning to re-watch them again, even though i feel like i learned them by heart.
      Next im going to do some math on 3bet/4bet ranges and frequency and watch corresponding vidz. I've even found my calculator for that) it was covered with dust)

Anyway, I am probably going to record NL 100 HU vid on the weekend. I also figured out how to reduce video quality in camtasia, so this one will be 50-70mb (not 390 :D )

And 1 funny hand :D I lost only 2 stacks, he had 3 when i came, but he was running ultra hot, so I was about to quit (4th h of playing)
      before this happend)

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      2 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN ($595.00)
      Hero ($137.10)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 2 players) Hero is BB 9:spade: 9:diamond:
      BTN raises to $34, Hero goes all-in $137.10, BTN calls $103.10

Flop: 8:spade: 8:heart: K:heart: ($274.20, 2 players)

Turn: 5:club: ($274.20, 2 players)

River: 6:heart: ($274.20, 2 players)

Final Pot: $274.20
      Hero shows: 9:spade: 9:diamond:
      BTN shows: 2:club: 5:spade:

Hero wins $273.70 ( won +$136.60 )
      BTN lost -$137.10

Mhh, he gave me reasons to play it like that, however, now I think its pretty marginal)
      But at that point i thought its the most profitable move i've ever made (before i actually shoved)
      And that's kind of a problem) When you aren't running good, you become sort of subjective about your reads and overvalue them, missing other important points...

However, it ended up fine)

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      2 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero ($525.95)
      BB ($174.55)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 2 players) Hero is BTN K:diamond: T:club:
      Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $9, Hero calls $6

Flop: T:spade: 9:diamond: 5:heart: ($18, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: 4:heart: ($18, 2 players)
      BB bets $33, Hero calls $33

River: K:spade: ($84, 2 players)
      BB bets $48, Hero goes all-in $483.95, BB calls $84.55

Final Pot: $349.10
      Hero shows: K:diamond: T:club:
      BB shows: A:spade: K:club:

Hero wins $700 ( won +$174.05 )
      BB lost -$174.55

Preflop call was a misclick though :D But the rest is fine, he was very specific opponent, with very strange but 100% repeating patterns)
      The other thing i've figured out recently is that its better to put your opp all-in by betting the amount of his stack, not shoving the whole stack

anywayz

good luck and stay tuned :D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Nice read :D

River: K:spade: ($84, 2 players)
      BB bets $48, Hero goes all-in $483.95, BB calls $84.55
      Doesn't this makes you pay more rake as if you would have bet $150 to make him go All-in anyway?

Keep up !
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Doesn't this makes you pay more rake as if you would have bet $150 to make him go All-in anyway?

mhh
      I have no clue :D
      Rake was never an issue for me, I just don't think about it)
      but it might be the case
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      you actualy should think ALOT about rake at low stakes HU ... because it is a big sum of money actualy
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      you actualy should think ALOT about rake at low stakes HU ... because it is a big sum of money actualy
      :D OK
      From now I will find some time to think exclusively about the rake
      On a DAILY basis :D
      hope it will make me a better player)
      HU rake on FTP is pretty low, that's what i've heard from Russian HU coach
      and it seems like that, because i play a lot, but can't reach even gold status on FTP)

Pushing the whole stack is unreasonable anyway, so im not gonna do it again)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      Originally posted by srohack
      :D OK
      From now I will find some time to think exclusively about the rake
      On a DAILY basis :D
      hope it will make me a better player)
      HU rake on FTP is pretty low, that's what i've heard from Russian HU coach
      and it seems like that, because i play a lot, but can't reach even gold status on FTP)

Pushing the whole stack is unreasonable anyway, so im not gonna do it again)
      o_O I heard that's where it's worst, at least NL100 and below...anyway, pushing more than your opponents stack (say, pushing 400$ when he has only 50$) will not result in more rake. They rake the final pot, i.e subtract the extra 350$ in this example, and then take rake.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well at least they are fair than to 'tax' the final pot instead of the whole lumpsum. :D
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout

o_O I heard that's where it's worst, at least NL100 and below...
      I don't know... I don't have much options anyway... And I love ftp) Besides, I am not going to spend a lot of time grinding NL 100 anyway :) But maybe its different for hu though... i mean rake structure. + 27% rakeback

However, with a new upgrade of PT3, which allows to collect 30 observed hands from the table (and display hud) on Pokerstars, I am going to give it a try
      because it allows table selection
      + there are more games running on ps and those are faster
      Btw, is it possible to have Euro account on PS? guess not :(
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Pokersites never rake uncalled bets on any street, so overpushing is just returned rakefree.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Pokersites never rake uncalled bets on any street, so overpushing is just returned rakefree.
      except ongame :P

nice ownage xylere, i am looking forward to youe video
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hello people)

Sorry for no updates) unfortunately, i am extremely busy right now, due to moving to a different country)
      And seems like things are not going to change until September)

i know i promised some vidz and I will do them if things will get any softer) But for now i have to postpone it...(

Ofc i have some free time, but i dedicate all of it to grinding) since i need moneyz))

Overall, im doing quite well on nl 200) smthing like 13bb/100 for now (pokerstarz)) with proper table selection it is still soft)
      But i can't afford variance now, so i am going to stick to nl 200 till the end of the summer and probably even longer

good luck
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      update?