Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $9.90
      BB: $18.85
      UTG: $13.25
      CO: $16.11
      BTN: $9.81

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.40, BB calls $1.30, CO calls $1.10, fold

Flop: ($4.50, 3 players) 4:diamond: 6:club: K:club:
      Hero bets $3.10, BB raises to $6.20, fold, Hero raises to $8.50 and is all-in, BB calls $2.30

Turn: ($21.50, 2 players) 3:spade:

River: ($21.50, 2 players) 2:spade:

BB shows 4:spade: 4:club: (Three of a Kind, Fours) (Pre 54%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)Hero mucks K:diamond: A:heart: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 46%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)BB wins $20.50

I don't know why but even now that the SPR is ridiculously low i felt that i am always facing nut hands here. AA mostly, especially after that call preflop.

But i guess i have to cbet on that flop and then the rest is automatic.

Ofcourse, it is just a theory question here because it is my second hand at the table and i don't have any reads.

So i just make the post to ask if it is really a cooler, and what we would do read less in the same spot if SPR was 3 with effective stack being around 15$ preflop.
  • 1 reply
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      preflop sizing is good.

on postflop, yeah, it is standard to bet, but i think your sizing is bad. you are clearly commiting yourself with such a bet.
      despite possible fd showing, this is not really a wet board, specially for a 3bet pot.

so i'd go with making it about $2~2.5 and taking it from there. we can easily still shove turns, SPR is low because we made it 14bb preflop and there are 3 people in the pot.
      BB is certainly showing strength by cold calling preflop, and if he raises postflop we might still be able to get away.

that said, if we are called, i'd most likely shove most turns (i think i would only not shove like Q, J, but it might be better to be a bit tighter).
      it is very possible that BB is cold calling the squeeze just because he's fishy.

in BB's shoes i'm also calling down instead of raising.
      against your betsizing it can be good to shove HU, but 3way i prefer a call because i want to bring the third player along.