This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TPTK on the turn

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $12.37
      SB: $21.06
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $37.07
      CO: $3.48

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: A:club:

UTG raises to $0.40, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.55, 2 players) J:diamond: Q:heart: 4:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.70, UTG calls $1.70

Turn: ($5.95, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      UTG checks, [color=red][b]Hero ???

Can we thin value bet a fishy player there? I think he will call on the turn with AdJx, KQ and sometimes QT , KdJx, KdTx.

To add to the question what would be advisable to call on the river if we check back here? Like half pot or less i think.

And most importantly how our play differs if we have the Ad in our hand again vs a fishy player?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Deomedes,

As played I'd bet the turn for value vs Qx and pairs+diamond like TdT,9d9, JxAd, etc.

If we check the turn the river depends on the card that comes down and his size. On a diamond I wouldn't call any bet with no info. On a blank we can call (or bet if he checks) 1/2 pot or so as he could bet a worse hand for value.

If we have the Ad then we are facing less made flushes or draws (like JxAd) and we also have a redraw to the nuts. So overall we have better equity versus his range.

Either way I would bet the turn here with Ad and without.