Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $9.42
      BTN: $10.32
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $13.31
      Hero (UTG): $12.64

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9:heart: 7:heart:

Hero raises to $0.30, CO raises to $1.00, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, CO calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.15, 2 players) 7:spade: 3:club: 2:club:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($5.15, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets $3.67, CO calls $3.67

River: ($12.49, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero bets $3.90, CO calls $3.25 and is all-in

Hero shows 9:heart: 7:heart: (Three of a Kind, Sevens) (Pre 47%, Flop 78%, Turn 100%)
      CO mucks 3:heart: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Sevens) (Pre 53%, Flop 22%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $18.05

Preflop i 4bet because the guy has already 3bet me 3times in position and i just make a 4bet bluff.

Why i raised in the first place ? Really i do not know, i supposedly had to narrow my opening range and 4bet with blockers.

Anyways it is my postflop play that i want you to advise me the most. The guy's postflop game is totally unknown.

On the flop i mostly give up. Do you think that i should bet-fold there if raised and check-fold unimproved on the turn if called ?

What about my betsizing on the turn?
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Not sure if u should even be 4betting this hand, esp when villain is not even folding A3o. Is he some sort of fish? seems like a really bad call on his part (and 4betting fish light isn't great if they don't fold much).

I would just bet the flop small and hope to take it down. Don't really like the idea of c/f - We can just treat our hand like a 5 outer draw. We do get called by worse sometimes for sure, and c/f just seems way too weak when I am assuming that villain's 4bet calling range includes more hands other than pocket pairs

if he calls you always have the option of c/c turn, he can definitely float flop with some AQ/AK type of hand.

I think rest of the hand plays itself. But you should probably just bet halfpot or less on the turn and leave more money behind on the River. Notice that stack sizes are kind of awkward after you bet so large on the turn. You only have a 1/3 pot size bet left on the River.
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      I thought he was some guy trying to play LAG style preflop but after that hand i just noted him as an aggro-fish.

But you should probably just bet halfpot or less on the turn and leave more money behind on the River. Notice that stack sizes are kind of awkward after you bet so large on the turn. You only have a 1/3 pot size bet left on the River.

I did not get that can you please explain it to me?

Why not to bet big on the turn when i have trips, i think i am getting called by 88+ (how can he have overpairs and did not bet the flop? i guess i leave it up to him) and QcX, KcX, AcX hands.

I think i have to bet more when opponent can be drawing and i have less chances of getting called on the river.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) I expect overpairs to bet the flop a lot
      2) Protection is probably the least of our concerns when the pot is already so big
      3) If you want him to call the Turn light with something like Ace high you cannot bet so big he will just fold.

Do you really expect people to call you on the Turn with something like KcQs? When you bet so large?
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Now i get it.