This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AK 3b

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 132.52 BB
      SB: 133.72 BB
      BB: 58.64 BB
      UTG: 180.44 BB
      MP: 110.8 BB
      Hero (CO): 106.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:diamond: A:spade:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 7 BB

Flop: (21.4 BB, 2 players) K:spade: 5:club: 4:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 11 BB, UTG calls 11 BB

Turn: (43.4 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (43.4 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 20.6 BB, UTG calls 20.6 BB

Hero shows K:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 70%, Flop 84%, Turn 73%)
      UTG mucks K:club: J:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 30%, Flop 16%, Turn 27%)
      Hero wins 80.4 BB

7 hands 57 VPiP

Is my check behind ok? Q is very bad card, because now I lose against KQ and QQ, and I am not sure if he calls 2x with weaker K or if he even calls 3bet with weaker K here.
      So I checked behind in case he floated flop, or if he misses fd he could often bluff bet big which I can call.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

He is 50 VPIP. I think he can have K9s K8s KTo KJo. I just jam the River for value
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      "He is 50 VPIP"

Does it really matter 50VPiP if we have only 7 hands on him as I wrote?

Yeah If I would be sure he is fish with high VPiP and what is more important if he often calls bet and calls bets postflop than I would bet bet push. But here I was not sure.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yea that's true i forgot he had 7 hands.

I think you should search his nickname or something in game (check the other tables to see if he's a fish or not).

Usually if you play a certain limit very regularly and you see a name for the first time, chances are that he is likelier to be a fish.

Another thing to note is that i expect KQ to check/shove the Turn really often. Look at the number of draws on the board on the Turn. 2 flush draws and stuff like JT and other gutshot straight draws.

I think after he c/c Turn again you have the best hand really often. And despite your small sample, having him at 50 VPIP and probably not having seen him before, I think the chances of him being a fish is probably 75% so I would still shove anyway. Given the limited info this is the best line to take.