This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] river trips block bet

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

ハンドをプレーする

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $26.60
      SB:
      $29.94
      BB:
      $31.57
      MP2:
      $61.74
      MP3 (Hero):
      $31.25
      CO:
      $19.67

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, 6.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BU calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.6) 2, T, 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, CO folds, BU calls $1.60.

Turn: ($5.8) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.95, Hero calls $2.95.

River: ($11.7) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, BU raises to $13.25, Hero calls $8.75.

Final Pot: $38.2.

BU stats in 26 hands   vpip27 pfr12 af4 wtsd17

I block bet on the river ,but got raised,he represents full house ,my call was okey?
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

Flop bet is fine.
      On the Turn you have the option of either turning your hand into a 3barrel bluff, or checkcalling to bluff catch. Given that this is a 3way pot, I think his flop calling range is stronger so he has fewer hands worse than TX besides flush draws.

I would prefer betting the Turn with the intention of bluffing many rivers.

On the river I don't get your play. You bet small, hoping for value . And then he raises you which is what you should expect a lot when you make such small bets to induce.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      hi.

Flop bet is fine.
      On the Turn you have the option of either turning your hand into a 3barrel bluff, or checkcalling to bluff catch. Given that this is a 3way pot, I think his flop calling range is stronger so he has fewer hands worse than TX besides flush draws.

I would prefer betting the Turn with the intention of bluffing many rivers.

On the river I don't get your play. You bet small, hoping for value . And then he raises you which is what you should expect a lot when you make such small bets to induce.

so standard is 3rd barrel,if I check call on the turn,how much % should I bet on the river?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't think we should always 3barrel, but we should 3barrel on many run outs, like those bringing an overcard or maybe those that complete draws (like a spade so we can represent the backdoor flush which we should have more often than the caller).

I would c/f on bad river cards like blank pairing cards cos we can just represent so much fewer nutted hands (and we rep a lot more bluffs when draws miss).

I'm not too sure how much I actually like donking out like that on the River when we improve. I do think we played our hand really weirdly and he may spazz so I am not very happy about folding. You should note that he doesn't rep a set very well, he raises the flop sometimes with sets. He also bet on the smaller side on the Turn which could mean that he is not so strong.

I probably just bet 8 and call a raise.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      I don't think we should always 3barrel, but we should 3barrel on many run outs, like those bringing an overcard or maybe those that complete draws (like a spade so we can represent the backdoor flush which we should have more often than the caller).

I would c/f on bad river cards like blank pairing cards cos we can just represent so much fewer nutted hands (and we rep a lot more bluffs when draws miss).

I'm not too sure how much I actually like donking out like that on the River when we improve. I do think we played our hand really weirdly and he may spazz so I am not very happy about folding. You should note that he doesn't rep a set very well, he raises the flop sometimes with sets. He also bet on the smaller side on the Turn which could mean that he is not so strong.

I probably just bet 8 and call a raise.
      I have on more question,its not related to this hand but I want to know.

I am usually playing 2 zoom tables at the same time.
      should I play 4 zoom tables at the same time to improve my game?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well

More volume equals more practice. But it worsens ur game then dont add so many.

I personally find it very ez to play 4 tables so i play 6 zoom. But it depends on ur own ability