[NL2-NL10] Nl 5 - QQ , bad fold?

• mottoka
      mottoka
      Bronze
      0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :spade: , Q :club: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,03. (Comentar)
      UTG raises to $0,08, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,08, 2 folds, CO calls $0,08, BU folds, Hero calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,37) 7 :diamond: , A , 9 :spade: :diamond: (4 players) (Comentar)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0,18, MP1 calls $0,18, CO folds, Hero calls $0,18.

Turn: ($0,91) K :club: (3 players) (Comentar)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0,45, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $1,36

bad fold??
      any other mistake??
  • 9 replies
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      As played i probably already fold the flop.
      But you should raise the flop here and then c-bet the flop imo. With that turn card the fold is good, i think.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'd raise preflop. As played, I'd fold on the flop, probably someone has an ace there.

And btw, you can't call preflop with QQ, and with so many callers it's even worse. Re-raise there!
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Same here, reraise PF. I always reraise QQ PF, you don't want to play this hand in a multiway pot. And then, depending on the flop's texture and the number of opponents, you could c-bet.

As played, I'm giving up the hand on the flop. Too many players makes it more likely one of them has an Ace, these guys seem to have this fascination with Ax type of hands and they don't like letting them go when they hit the Ace (That's why I love AK). ;)

Also, you don't have position and there's no way you can get to a cheap showdown.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi mottoka.

Welcome to the No Limit forum.
      I would re-raise pf with QQ, since it is third best hand and often players would fold to your re-raise or call with worse hands.
      You should fold on the flop, since UTG bet into 3 players which means that he probably has A and you can´t call, since you have left 2 outs (queens) which help your hand.
    • mottoka
      mottoka
      Bronze
      thanks...got it
      I was one of the first sessions i played...so, could be normal mistake...
      but thanks all
    • mottoka
      mottoka
      Bronze
      as I'm new...for this dumb question
      but c-bet would be like betting if nobody bet yet
      or calling a bet made before me, right??
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mottoka
      as I'm new...for this dumb question
      but c-bet would be like betting if nobody bet yet
      or calling a bet made before me, right??
      A c-bet is a continuation bet. That is, when you raise PF, and the flop doesn't hit you, you bet anyway (you bluff). This bet is called a continuation bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c-bet is situation where pre-flop raiser bets on the flop when anyone hasn't bet yet. c-bet might be often bluffbet, since you believe that you have enough fold equity. For example you openraise KQ MP and BB calls. FLop comes A73, BB checks, you bet and BB folds.
      If someone else bets then it isn't contibet. For example if I open raise KQ MP 1$, SB folds and BB calls. Pot is now 2,10$. Flop comes: A73 and BB leads out 50 cents. That is called donkbet and shows often sign of weakness, that's why I raise it to 3$ and try to take pot right there.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Bet preflop of course, to protect against weak drawy fishy crap hands.

Fold flop because someone's got an Ace for sure. Probably even 2 ppl. Every fishy player on the low limits likes Aces, even with super-weak kickers.

gen