BTN: 101 BB
      SB: 92.4 BB
      BB: 142 BB
      Hero (UTG): 461.12 BB
      MP: 159.92 BB
      CO: 132.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 2:diamond: 2:club:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 10 BB, fold, BB calls 9 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: (30.4 BB, 3 players) J:heart: 2:spade: Q:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (30.4 BB, 3 players) 7:diamond:
      BB bets 19.24 BB, Hero calls 19.24 BB, fold

River: (68.88 BB, 2 players) A:heart:
      BB bets 32.72 BB, Hero raises to 431.88 BB and is all-in, BB calls 80.04 BB and is all-in

BTN 850 hands VPiP 17, 3bet 9, 4bet 6, regg
      BB 2.2K hands, VPiP 20, PFR 16
      BTN is 3betting a lot, and BB is very often cold calling his 3bets and mine 3bets.

Is it ok to let BTN cbet on flop, or take a lead which looks really strong?

I just called turn, and planned to ship any river because BB already couple of times called my raise with middle pair and top pair. Should I be afraid of sets here ? Usually I would just call since JJ, QQ are in cold callers range, but also AJ, AQ are, and he was calling often 3bets.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Pre seems fine when other guy overcalls. Flop is std.. chking to the raiser in 3way shuld still be ur default play. If he has nothing he folds to ur flop lead anyway.

River is tough. There are More combos of aq than qq and jj and aa on the river. But i could be wrong if he folds AQo pre and calls jj qq instead of 4betting. So the river play is mostly based on our assumptions on villains preflop range.

Would such a tight guy axtually flat aq given that bu 3bet ur utg open? Doesnt seem too likely. So i am starting to lean more towards a call on river. Dont think hands worse than AQ are paying u off. But u shuld shove if ak calls.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Why do you think he is tight player? I wrote that he called my push on river ones with middle pair ones with top pair. And I saw him cold calling 3bet often, so he definitely has AJ, AQ, AK in his range.
      He had AQ here.