[NL20-NL50] 50fr 87o BU

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $28.52 (57 bb)
      MP1: $50 (100 bb)
      MP2: $25.50 (51 bb)
      MP3: $66.85 (133.7 bb)
      CO: $40.71 (81.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $68.34 (136.7 bb)
      SB: $13.31 (26.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 8
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) A 5 T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.06, BB calls $2.06

Turn: ($7.37) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.66, BB calls $4.66

River: ($16.69) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $16.69 pot ($0.91 rake)
      Final Board: A 5 T 9 7
      BB showed K K and won $15.78 ($7.56 net)
      Hero mucked 7 8 and lost (-$8.22 net)

VPIP: 30, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 1,5, Hands: 167

Flop bluff CBet.
      I turn OESD and FD, not sure if I should check behind, but after all if he called me with less than an A, he could find a fold here, so I bet again.
      River I don't see him folding better, so I just check behind.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

Flop: Not sure a cbet is mandatory here. You will have enough better hands in your range to not cbet 78. Both your back-door draws are very weak. You could always delayed cbet if turn is checked to you.

In a vacuum cbetting flop is fine though.

Turn: It really depends on villains tendencies. If he has a low Ftcbet on flop I'd go for it. If he has a high Ftcbet on flop he might not be folding sufficiently on the turn. He will peel you at least once more with his Ax, and his FD have already got there.

On top of that your 7h FD can easily be dominated giving you some reverse-implieds, and your straight draw may already be drawing dead to a flush. In other words, you still need very good FE here to make this play, don't rely too much on your pot equity, it's just a backup in this spot.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

Flop: Not sure a cbet is mandatory here. You will have enough better hands in your range to not cbet 78. Both your back-door draws are very weak. You could always delayed cbet if turn is checked to you.

In a vacuum cbetting flop is fine though.

Turn: It really depends on villains tendencies. If he has a low Ftcbet on flop I'd go for it. If he has a high Ftcbet on flop he might not be folding sufficiently on the turn. He will peel you at least once more with his Ax, and his FD have already got there.

On top of that your 7h FD can easily be dominated giving you some reverse-implieds, and your straight draw may already be drawing dead to a flush. In other words, you still need very good FE here to make this play, don't rely too much on your pot equity, it's just a backup in this spot.
      What do you mean "In a vacuum"? Never heard of such an expression sorry.

Yeah I indeed was relying mostly on my FE.
      His WTSD was only 17 so I thought he would have folded.
      However his fold to flop cbet is 63, so yeah less chance for him to fold turn if he called flop, didn't think about that, thx!
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      What do you mean "In a vacuum"? Never heard of such an expression sorry.
      It means if you were to take the hand in isolation. For example if you only ever played 1 hand in your life, and you knew villain folded 80% to cbets on this board, you could cbet the 23o and show a profit.

In practice if you are cbetting 23o then you are cbetting everything in between. Villain is going to figure out you are cbetting extremely wide, and might start to play back.

In a vacuum it might be correct to cbet 23o here. In the context of a balanced strategy across many hands, it's probably not a good play, there are much better hands you can choose to cbet with.