This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50fr AK SB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $67.58 (135.2 bb)
      MP: $38.55 (77.1 bb)
      CO: $103.19 (206.4 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $94.02 (188 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      MP folds, CO raises to $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $5, BB folds, CO calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50) T 8 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, CO calls $5.50

Turn: ($21.50) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50

River: ($42.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $15, Hero folds

Results:
      $42.50 pot ($2.33 rake)
      Final Board: T 8 4 Q 5
      CO mucked and won $40.17 ($19.17 net)
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$21 net)

VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 6, AF: 2,3, Hands: 12406

A bit uncertain on flop but I do bet as he folds SO many times on monochrome boards and on such cards.
      Turn I call purely for mathematical odds (3:1).
      Obvious give up on river.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I prefer betting turn instead of chk call turn. Q coordinates the board though which is kind of bad for us. We can def bomb some blank rivers esp if villain is nitty. We are deep pre so i expect villain to have many more speculativr hands which cannot stand a huge river bet.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi

I prefer betting turn instead of chk call turn. Q coordinates the board though which is kind of bad for us. We can def bomb some blank rivers esp if villain is nitty. We are deep pre so i expect villain to have many more speculativr hands which cannot stand a huge river bet.
      He has WTSD 28
      And W$SD 70, 73 without small pots.

Flop fold to Cbet 33 (15), turn 0 but only on 3 samples
      His AF is 3F, 2T, 6R.

WTSD W$SD play in favor of my play, while FFCBet and AF play in favor of bet turn.

Considering tho that turn is a bad card, and that not many times river is a blank, and considering his WTSD to be pretty high, I'm truly torn and not convinced on what to do.

If before I thought playing safe was a good idea, now i'm 50% between safe and aggro play.

What's ur take on it?
      Need any other info?

Oh I also know he usually prefers to play nutFD or FD+pair aggressively, but I have not much info on a 3Bet pot. So I don't know if this stands true.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I dun rly like the idea of cx turn with a non nutflush. And i think betting just gives you more options. I dont think the other factors are too impt. And main disadvantage of betting is that we hav to fold vs a raise. But i rly think that that happens rly rarely. So betting seems to be better.