Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.70)
      BB ($25.99)
      UTG ($20.98)
      CO ($30.40)
      Hero ($20)

Dealt to Hero K:club: 2:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.60, BB calls $1.60

FLOP ($5.30) 5:club: 6:club: 6:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.60, BB calls $2.60

TURN ($10.50) 5:club: 6:club: 6:diamond: 8:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($10.50) 5:club: 6:club: 6:diamond: 8:heart: 9:heart:

BB bets $20.79 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $9.98

I mr preflop because he was 3beting me a lot, his 3bet stat in session was 15-20 vs steal. And his 3bet looks weak, so I tried to 4bet bluff. Of course my 4bet also might look weak because I just minraised preflop. But wanted to test how does he folds to 4bets when I have blocker.

Flop standard cbet, but could make few bbs bigger to make it look stronger.

On the turn I decided that he cannot have overcards most likley, so he is on a PP and I don't have FE so I don't barrel.
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      This guy is 3betting 5% overall, 7% from the big blind. You don't necessarily need to play back here. His 3bet sizing is interesting, is that his standard size?

If this is his standard size I don't see him being a regular. I'd tend towards flatting IP with things like AJ, ATs, TT, JJ, QK, rather than 4bet bluffing.
      However, I don't think it is necessary at this stage. Opponent is playing 15/9, so he could easily just be running hot pf over this sample.

Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Flop standard cbet, but could make few bbs bigger to make it look stronger.
      Not necessarily a standard cbet. It really depends on his flat-4bet range. If this guy is only flatting 4bets with QQ+/AK you should probably check-back the flop. Even if this guy has 99+, AJs+, AQo+, KQs, you are behind his range. So cbetting is only good if you have fold equity. If this guy is never folding the flop cbetting could easily be a mistake.

As for your cbet sizing it is fine. You don't necessarily even need to bet half pot in 4bet pots.

In general you played the hand ok, but whether you should cbet or not really depends on villain. It's not a "standard" cbet just because you flopped a flush-draw.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      His 3bet sizing is interesting, is that his standard size?

I did not pay attention too much to his sizing vs minraises, I was just beggining to minraise, maybe 2nd or third time it was vs him.