[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH KQo - Turn x/beh

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is unknown at the time

Preflop: Standard for me

Flop: When he donks so small I am expecting to see mainly pairs > TP and draws. Since there were some draws present I decided to raise for value and protection and fold to a 3b and re-evaluate turn if called, since I don't know the opponent well enough to know if he DB/3b's draws or QT for example.

Turn: If knew villain is x/c'ing all his draws OOP here then I would b/f again for val/protection. However, I think it is much more likely that I will just turn my hand into a bluff by betting now, so decided to x/beh and maybe induce a river bluff if draws are missed. My plan for the river was to b/f 1/2 for value if checked to and call up to 1/2 if he bets.

River: When villain bets so small here I decided to treat it as a check and just raise/fold for value as I am pretty sure he wouldn't DB/call,x/c, x/r with a weaker hand.

Thanks

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $12.45
      BB: $3.75
      UTG: $9.27
      Hero (MP): $5.28
      CO: $3.31
      BTN: $21.70

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) 7:club: J:heart: Q:diamond:
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.42, BB calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.16, 2 players) 2:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.16, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, BB calls $0.60

Hero shows K:diamond: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Twos) (Pre 45%, Flop 89%, Turn 95%)
      BB mucks 9:club: 9:diamond: (Two Pair, Nines and Twos) (Pre 55%, Flop 11%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $2.45
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine.

I think raising the flop against his small donk is good here.

As played, I'm definitely betting the turn as well. Board is quite connected and I doubt that the turn improves his hand at all.

On the river raising is good.

Best,
      Plamen
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks Kyumpa

As played, I'm definitely betting the turn as well. Board is quite connected and I doubt that the turn improves his hand at all.

I only really expected him to x/c with something like QT or some draw here if I bet. Is this good enough reason to bet? If the board was a lot more draw heavy then I am bet folding here for sure.

I basically expect him to call the turn here with something like:

Board: 7:club: J:heart: Q:diamond:  2:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    55.94%  51.10%   4.84% { KdQc }
      MP3    44.06%  39.22%   4.84% { JdJs, JdJc, JsJc, 7d7h, 7d7s, 7h7s, T9s, AhQh, AsQs, KhQh, KsQs, QsJs, KhTh, KsTs, KcTc, QhTh, QsTs, QJo, T9o, AdQh, AdQs, AhQs, AsQh, AcQh, AcQs, KhQs, KsQh, KcQh, KcQs, KhTd, KhTs, KhTc, KsTd, KsTh, KsTc, KcTd, KcTh, KcTs, QhTd, QhTs, QhTc, QsTd, QsTh, QsTc }

So I guess this already answers my own question: yes it would be an easy b/f T and x/beh R?

Thanks