This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH KQo - Turn x/beh

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is unknown at the time

Preflop: Standard for me

Flop: When he donks so small I am expecting to see mainly pairs > TP and draws. Since there were some draws present I decided to raise for value and protection and fold to a 3b and re-evaluate turn if called, since I don't know the opponent well enough to know if he DB/3b's draws or QT for example.

Turn: If knew villain is x/c'ing all his draws OOP here then I would b/f again for val/protection. However, I think it is much more likely that I will just turn my hand into a bluff by betting now, so decided to x/beh and maybe induce a river bluff if draws are missed. My plan for the river was to b/f 1/2 for value if checked to and call up to 1/2 if he bets.

River: When villain bets so small here I decided to treat it as a check and just raise/fold for value as I am pretty sure he wouldn't DB/call,x/c, x/r with a weaker hand.

Thanks

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $12.45
      BB: $3.75
      UTG: $9.27
      Hero (MP): $5.28
      CO: $3.31
      BTN: $21.70

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) 7:club: J:heart: Q:diamond:
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.42, BB calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.16, 2 players) 2:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.16, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, BB calls $0.60

Hero shows K:diamond: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Twos) (Pre 45%, Flop 89%, Turn 95%)
      BB mucks 9:club: 9:diamond: (Two Pair, Nines and Twos) (Pre 55%, Flop 11%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $2.45
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine.

I think raising the flop against his small donk is good here.

As played, I'm definitely betting the turn as well. Board is quite connected and I doubt that the turn improves his hand at all.

On the river raising is good.

Best,
      Plamen
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks Kyumpa

As played, I'm definitely betting the turn as well. Board is quite connected and I doubt that the turn improves his hand at all.

I only really expected him to x/c with something like QT or some draw here if I bet. Is this good enough reason to bet? If the board was a lot more draw heavy then I am bet folding here for sure.

I basically expect him to call the turn here with something like:

Board: 7:club: J:heart: Q:diamond:  2:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    55.94%  51.10%   4.84% { KdQc }
      MP3    44.06%  39.22%   4.84% { JdJs, JdJc, JsJc, 7d7h, 7d7s, 7h7s, T9s, AhQh, AsQs, KhQh, KsQs, QsJs, KhTh, KsTs, KcTc, QhTh, QsTs, QJo, T9o, AdQh, AdQs, AhQs, AsQh, AcQh, AcQs, KhQs, KsQh, KcQh, KcQs, KhTd, KhTs, KhTc, KsTd, KsTh, KsTc, KcTd, KcTh, KcTs, QhTd, QhTs, QhTc, QsTd, QsTh, QsTc }

So I guess this already answers my own question: yes it would be an easy b/f T and x/beh R?

Thanks