[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AQo - wierd hand

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Flop: On this texture I think I can neither value bet nor bluff so my only two options were x/c for bluff induce and x/f.

I chose to x/c because I expected him to just stab any part of his range here, either as a bluff or for value, but given his bet sizing I thought it would be bluff heavy. I planned to x/f future streets un-improved against big bets and obviosuly re-evaluate furture streets.

Turn: Villain is still betting > 1/2 pot so I don't feel like he is that strong but its still quite a lot to expect him to bluff two streets IP against the PFA'r. In addition I don't even get close the correct pot odds to call the turn with 6 outs. Even though my hand might still be best its a long shot to think it is or will still be best by the river.

In hindsight I think it would be best to x/f the turn here and only consider bluff catching the river if he x/beh the turn.

as played....

River: At the time I basically thought he can be bluffing sometimes here and I don't have to be right that often in order to be profitable do I? I thought that his range can be pretty wide throughout the hand and include a lot of worse high card hands.

thanks

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $5.29
      BB: $5.78
      Hero (UTG): $7.08
      MP: $3.41 63/25/2/6/38/65 hands - seems pretty LP
      CO: $15.32
      BTN: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:diamond: Q:club:

Hero raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 5:diamond: 5:heart: 5:club:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.57, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

River: ($0.97, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

MP shows J:spade: 6:spade: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 37%, Flop 23%, Turn 17%)
      Hero shows A:diamond: Q:club: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 63%, Flop 77%, Turn 83%)
      Hero wins $1.60
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine.

I think we can value bet on the flop here. People are rarely going to fold pretty much anything on this board and we can take value from worse high cards.
      If you however don't feel comfortable value betting, I think calling down against his small bets is good. If he went for bigger sizings on turn or river I would be more inclined to much my hand.

Best,
      Plamen