UTG (€18.98) 95bb
      UTG+1 (€72.83) 364bb
      CO (€13.53) 68bb
      Her0 (BTN) (€23.64) 118bb
      SB (€24.41) 122bb
      BB (€22.69) 113bb

Pre-Flop: (€0.30, 6 players) Her0 is BTN A:heart: K:diamond:
      3 folds, Her0 raises to €0.40, SB calls €0.30, BB calls €0.20

Flop: 10:club: K:club: 4:heart: (€1.20, 3 players)
      SB bets €0.90, BB folds, Her0 calls €0.90

Turn: 3:club: (€3, 2 players)
      SB bets €2.40, Her0 calls €2.40

River: 3:diamond: (€7.80, 2 players)
      SB bets €4.80, Her0 calls €4.80

Villain is 22/8, 2AF in 80h, seems weak, no other reads

Can I fold at any point? Should I raise flop?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Nightshade,

I'd raise the flop here for value and some protection versus the many draws possible.

Did you have any particular reason for not raising?

As played what do you think his range is on all 3 streets?
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Nightshade,

I'd raise the flop here for value and some protection versus the many draws possible.

I guess I didn't raise flop mainly because of his sizing. Most of the time weak players donk ~1/2 pot w/ draws, then I would have certainly raised. By calling, I wanted him to keep betting weaker hands like KQ, KJ.

I think he can also have KT and FDs of course so that's why I am not sure about calling down without further reads.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by NightShadePMC
      Hi Nightshade,

I guess I didn't raise flop mainly because of his sizing. Most of the time weak players donk ~1/2 pot w/ draws, then I would have certainly raised. By calling, I wanted him to keep betting weaker hands like KQ, KJ.

I think he can also have KT and FDs of course so that's why I am not sure about calling down without further reads.
      There are also other draws like QJ and maybe even some gutshots with backdoors like AQ/AJ.

Do you really think that a fishy player flops TP, donks with it and then folds to a raise (KQ/KJ/Kx)? I doubt this would ever happen.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Hi Nightshade,

There are also other draws like QJ and maybe even some gutshots with backdoors like AQ/AJ.

Do you really think that a fishy player flops TP, donks with it and then folds to a raise (KQ/KJ/Kx)? I doubt this would ever happen.
      Yeah indeed, not raising flop for value was definitely a mistake. My FR zoom background clearly shows here since there you wouldn't have been called by worse very often.
      Yeah indeed he can also have busted draws OTR, that's why i'm not sure about the call
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Nightshade,

Yeah indeed, not raising flop for value was definitely a mistake. My FR zoom background clearly shows here since there you wouldn't have been called by worse very often.
      Yeah indeed he can also have busted draws OTR, that's why i'm not sure about the call
      Because of how passive we played the hand and the fact that he can valuebet worse (given the limited info we have) I would be more inclined to call there.

Back to the flop discussion a lot of fishy guys donk/call even 2nd pair type hands like JJ or Tx in spots like this (of course the really fishy guys call a lot more).