Stacks:
      UTG (€7.83) 39bb
      CO (€24.11) 121bb
      BTN (€8.45) 42bb
      SB (€20.44) 102bb
      Her0 (BB) (€20) 100bb

Pre-Flop: (€0.30, 5 players) Her0 is BB 6:heart: A:heart:
      3 folds, SB raises to €0.60, Her0 calls €0.40

Flop: Q:club: 8:spade: 9:heart: (€1.20, 2 players)
      SB bets €1, Her0 raises to €2.80, SB calls €1.80

Turn: 6:diamond: (€6.80, 2 players)
      SB checks, Her0 checks

River: 10:heart: (€6.80, 2 players)
      SB bets €3.40, Her0 raises to €9

Villain: VPIP: 18, PFR: 14, 3B: 5, AF: 2.0, Hands: 606
      Steals SB: 62 (21h), fold to 3bet 56 (9h)

Ok so pre I know probably I am ahead, if I 3bet, he has low fold to 3bets, he might 4bet (also has a high 4bet) which I would hate. So I decide to flat IP and try to outplay him post.

Flop: I raise, putting pressure on his weak range.
      Turn: when he calls flop, I decide to ch back since he most likely won't let a Q go here
      River: when he leads 1/2 pot I am thinking he cannot call a raise without a 7, or a J. I can have bluffed those on the flop and got there on the river. What do u think?

he called me with QTo. Do u think it was due to my bad play or is it a weak call?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Nightshade,

Preflop: we can go either way here between call and 3-bet.

Postflop: What do we represent by raising flop, checking turn and raising river?

How often do we have a value hand? There are some hands that we check back that have a Jx or 7x but which?

Also, it's important to also put villain on a range. What bet/calls flop and then 1/2 pots the river?

Can you see him betting 1p? How about bluffs, can he have any? I think that his range is full of hands that may not actually fold to a raise.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Nightshade,

Postflop: What do we represent by raising flop, checking turn and raising river?

How often do we have a value hand? There are some hands that we check back that have a Jx or 7x but which?

Also, it's important to also put villain on a range. What bet/calls flop and then 1/2 pots the river?

Can you see him betting 1p? How about bluffs, can he have any? I think that his range is full of hands that may not actually fold to a raise.
      Postflop: Yes not many hands make sense to raise flop and ch back turn. I thought my handrange can be so random because of the bvb dynamics so I could have tried to bluff flop w/ Jx, 7x air but caught something on the river.

I think the main mistake was raising after he bet river because indeed, he is not betting a naked Q there very often.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by NightShadePMC
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Nightshade,

Postflop: Yes not many hands make sense to raise flop and ch back turn. I thought my handrange can be so random because of the bvb dynamics so I could have tried to bluff flop w/ Jx, 7x air but caught something on the river.

I think the main mistake was raising after he bet river because indeed, he is not betting a naked Q there very often.
      Exactly,

So first on the river we have to look at his range and then of course at what we can represent.

And then look at the bet size. We raised rather small (compared to pot size) so villain gets decent odds to call with most of his betting range. For example if he bets 2p/poorly played sets he will most likely call.

If he bets 7x or Jx he is calling or raise there anyway.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Diamond
      What do you think about raising this cordinated flop without any blokers and without any eq. His range is wide but it hits this flop a lot.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dooleslovs
      What do you think about raising this cordinated flop without any blokers and without any eq. His range is wide but it hits this flop a lot.
      You do have some equity. The backdoor flush is important as it adds 10 cards that improve our hand on the turn.

Better/stronger semibluffs would be better in a BvB scenario though but since your image is not out of line you should still get enough folds on the flop.