This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] TP vs unknown

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BTN): $5.00
      SB: $5.00
      BB: $11.28
      UTG: $6.82
      MP: $3.45
      CO: $4.57

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:heart: K:club:

fold, MP raises to $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.67, 2 players) 3:diamond: 5:club: Q:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.32, MP calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.31, 2 players) K:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.65, MP raises to $2.83 and is all-in, Hero ?

Hi!

His stack size tells me he's probably a fish so I consider raise preflop for value.
      On the flop I make a standard cbet, probably PPs won't go but some trash may give up its equity and mayhap some Ax may go away.
      On the turn I make a value-bet and this raise is a tricky one for me. Can we assume ourselves ahead frequent enough to call? c/c c/r is a very strong line, and my assumption is that opponent is sooner passive postflop than aggressive. So I intend to fold here.
  • 2 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Raise bigger pre, least 4bb but pot and 5bb both valid. You want to raise as big as possible what they call with their weak hand.

Flop is b/f, unless you know he never folds.

Turn is b/f too, unless you know he likes bluff.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

i think you played it fine on every street.

preflop: iso raising fish seems reasonable. dont make it too big though, we want to keep in all his crappy hands that you beat

flop: standard cbet - any fish with a wide range doesn't necessarily hit this flop very often.

turn: easy value bet too. when he jams i think he has a set or KQ really often. I would be really surprised to see worse hands like AQ jamming here so I think bet/fold is good.