Hero (BTN): $5.00
      SB: $5.97 - 13/11 (38)
      BB: $7.17 - no info
      UTG: $8.00
      MP: $2.77
      CO: $4.93

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:spade: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB raises to $0.47, Hero calls $0.32, SB calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.41, 3 players) 7:diamond: 2:spade: 3:spade:
      SB checks, BB bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95, fold

Turn: ($3.31, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      BB bets $1.24, Hero raises to $3.58 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $5.55

Hi!

Preflop: I decided to call this 3bet because its size's pretty small and I can't make 4bet neither for value nor for bluff. Is it a good idea to call 3bet, say, 4x?

Flop: this bet vs 2 may mean PP, OC+BDFD, OC+BDSD, FD, sets maybe (but pretty rarely would he play 22, 33 this way I think). So I'm ahead overall (despite possibility of monsters like QQ+) and it should have been a raise I think. 88+, some draws, overcards + draws maybe would call it. It's not wa\wb situation and my hand is a value hand I assume.

Turn: his sizing is pretty small and I left with no decision but to raise.
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi

preflop: dont know anything about this player. If he's more aggro and you are perceived to be more aggro you could probably 4bet and get it in with JJ. Maybe you don't have the right dynamic so calling with JJ seems fine to me.

flop: fine to call. raising here doesnt make sense

turn: very draw heavy, he could have so many draws so I think jamming turn for protection (pot is already very big so jamming here makes sense) seems better than calling.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Can you please explain why raising on the flop doesn't make sense? I intuitively chose calling but now I see I can't explain it in a good way.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i think he mostly folds worse and stacks off with better. raising is only good if you think he has a lot of worse value hands that he is willing to stack off with like 88/99/TT/some 7X hands.

I don't think he is 3betting those hands too often.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      So we call flop and go AI any non Q, K, A turn, right?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i think it depends on the board. For example if it were the 6 of spades, I would probably call again. But when the turn brings double flush draws I think shoving is better.

Calling is better if you have a good idea on his river barreling frequencies (fold if he hardly bluffs river, call if he barrel bluffs river a lot). My main point is that we shove for protection and value on turn vs the 2 possible flush draws on board.