This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] kq 3 13

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($6.48)
      BB ($5.49)
      UTG ($5.52)
      UTG+1 ($5.36)
      CO ($5.08)
      BTN ($4.97)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, BTN calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.75) Q:diamond: 7:club: 8:spade:

Hero bets $0.37, BTN raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.43

TURN ($2.35) Q:diamond: 7:club: 8:spade: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero raises to $2, BTN raises to $3, Hero raises to $4, BTN calls $0.82 (AI)

RIVER ($9.99) Q:diamond: 7:club: 8:spade: 6:diamond: A:diamond:

BTN shows 7:spade: 7:heart:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 98.1%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows K:heart: Q:heart:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 1.9%, Turn 0.0%)

BTN wins $9.33

• 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Dracsharp,

There are two types of limpers. Those that limp lots of random garbage, and those that only limp pocket pairs (and the occasional suited connector).

With a VPIP/PFR of 33/19, this guy fits into the second category. When he raises the flop you are almost always in bad shape. Best option is to fold the flop.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He was minraising not limping

Would you just call pre ?

3b bigger ?

Postflop ?

He is relative unknown so having tpgk in a 3b pot is uncomfortable, but he is not aggressive either so we either let it go or put the money in ourselves i guess.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      He was minraising not limping

Would you just call pre ?

3b bigger ?

Postflop ?

He is relative unknown so having tpgk in a 3b pot is uncomfortable, but he is not aggressive either so we either let it go or put the money in ourselves i guess.
      Hi,

Really sorry about that misread. I don't mind your 3bet preflop because it seems he hasn't been folding to 3bets so far, and may continue with worse.

Postflop is still a fold for me. I don't think he is raising JQ like this, and I don't think he's bluffing. You will be beat here a lot.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Fold the minrasie on the flop with tpgk ? Isn't that bit weak against a relative unknown ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Fold the minrasie on the flop with tpgk ? Isn't that bit weak against a relative unknown ?
      On such a board texture there isn't much of a semi-bluff raising range our opponent can have.

Vs an unknown you have to assume they are playing similar to the average microstakes player. The average micro-stakes player is not raising with a worse hand than yours in this spot.