NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.75)
      Hero ($7.17)
      CO ($4.88)
      BTN ($5.09)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:heart:

CO raises to $0.15, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.32) A:diamond: A:spade: 2:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.66, CO raises to $1.25, Hero folds

CO wins $1.54

• 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Dracsharp,

preflop: Fine.

Flop: Is there any particular reason you are raising here? The standard play would be to flat on this board texture since there aren't too many worse hands that will call.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      My reason was that he is on mainly 3 hands, and i am calling similar to my raise on the turn anyway where pp coudl get an over and he doesn't bet it, or draw beats me or gets free card, and he will be betting aces.

Ax , reraises

PP , probably calls a raise

Draw , i should raise

I feel pretty confident about this raise, why i shouldn't ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      My reason was that he is on mainly 3 hands, and i am calling similar to my raise on the turn anyway where pp coudl get an over and he doesn't bet it, or draw beats me or gets free card, and he will be betting aces.

Ax , reraises

PP , probably calls a raise

Draw , i should raise

I feel pretty confident about this raise, why i shouldn't ?
      Because I don't think pocket-pairs are calling. People don't usually bluff-raise in these spots, so they are not great spots to go for thin value either. You are turning JJ into a bluff and at the same time preventing your opponent from bluffing or value-owning himself on the turn.

Your line will probably be +EV, I just don't think it is the line with the highest EV at these stakes.