NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20)
      BB ($45.82)
      UTG ($20.83)
      UTG+1 ($62.48)
      Hero ($22.44)
      BTN ($21.88)

Dealt to Hero 6:heart: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, fold, BB calls $0.60, UTG+1 calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.50) A:heart: 8:diamond: A:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($2.50) A:heart: 8:diamond: A:diamond: 2:spade:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.50) A:heart: 8:diamond: A:diamond: 2:spade: 4:club:

BB bets $1.20, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds

BB wins $2.38

UTG: 44/7/1.2, 103h

BTN:

notes:
      c/c big cbet in 3way 78x w A2 bottom pair, c/c 2/3 9, check 9 - STATION
      call donkbet w A5 QQx, check till sd

also saw him chekking till showdowns with ace high.

He is agro preflop - opening 63o in UTG, so we can practiceally say he opens random hands, would not be surprised to see 63o. So I assumed he isolates also very light.
      So I need to adjust. Just did not know how exactly, but I was thinking I need high cards - Kx, Ax vs him to call his rasise and then evalaute - go to showdowns when not hit, because I assume those have showdown value, he is not bluffing a lot post flop.
      If I hit pair, I can bet 3 streets I think with top pair and I am getting calls even from 3rd pairs.

Also in other hands when I was IP, I called with K2o, and Q3s. Not so sure if that is good, but I knew I need to adjust vs his PFR, which is rare, so not much experience vs such. What do you think about this?

I am not bluffing especially in 3way, just want to see showdown with my K high.
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

I think you posted the wrong hand.

Can you take a look and update?
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Why do this with K6o from CO? The BU is yet to act aswell. If you're gonna add hands to increase your iso raise range i would suggest hands like small suited aces because you do have that high card value with extra post flop potential with flush and the low straight opportunities. You can't expect to hit very often with K6o to make this play profitable especially considering you're not guaranteed to play heads up with the fish.
      I would suggest just playing a relatively tight range despite his loose image because when you hit with a hand like A8s or like KTs and he does play A2o or like K7 or something similar you could get 3 streets of value
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      @legand73

I was with K6 vs 78/5/0.5 - veyr passive guy, fcbet 45,so I thought I can isolate with high cards and check till showdown since vs his range Kx has showdown value. Once he bets, I am beat. Yeah, maybe thats too loose, because BTN reg and blinds regs sit after me so they can 3bet easily when I get out of line.

------------------------------
      And now about the hand which posted wrongly so post again:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($20.65)
      BB ($38.94)
      UTG ($24.73)
      UTG+1 ($54.10)
      CO ($15.23)
      BTN ($9.67)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: 8:club:

UTG calls $0.20, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.70, fold, UTG calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.60) 9:heart: 3:club: 2:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

TURN ($2.60) 9:heart: 3:club: 2:club: 4:heart:

RIVER ($2.60) 9:heart: 3:club: 2:club: 4:heart: 2:diamond:

UTG: 44/7/1.2, 103h

BTN:

notes:
      c/c big cbet in 3way 78x w A2 bottom pair, c/c 2/3 9, check 9 - STATION
      call donkbet w A5 QQx, check till sd

also saw him chekking till showdowns with ace high.

He is agro preflop - opening 63o in UTG, so we can practiceally say he opens random hands, would not be surprised to see 63o. So I assumed he isolates also very light.
      So I need to adjust. Just did not know how exactly, but I was thinking I need high cards - Kx, Ax vs him to call his rasise and then evalaute - go to showdowns when not hit, because I assume those have showdown value, he is not bluffing a lot post flop.
      If I hit pair, I can bet 3 streets I think with top pair and I am getting calls even from 3rd pairs.

Also in other hands when I was IP, I called with K2o, and Q3s. Not so sure if that is good, but I knew I need to adjust vs his PFR, which is rare, so not much experience vs such. What do you think about this?

I am not bluffing especially in 3way, just want to see showdown with my K high.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Previous hand: isolating K6o there is fine even though it's looser but at least we have position, initiative and a fish that can fold to cbets.

This hand: why are we calling with garbage OOP? What exactly are you looking to hit versus two fish that would make us comfortable playing OOP, in a big pot without initiative?

I can't see how we can show any type of profit with calling our hand here. Against him we should start adjusting by 3-betting a much wider value range and calling hands that are not too weak (K8s is much better for example).

What's your plan when you hit a K or 8, how much money goes in?

So against him we 3-bet a huge range for value and call big suited cards like K8s, etc that are too weak to 3-bet.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I called with K high, becasue I think Kx has showdown value vs him and he is on the passive side postflop. He has much air preflop. So I am not calling just for a hit, but I thought maybe I can win from K high vs hands like 63o.

WHat could be much wider range vs him? I am afraid to get too spewy, and 3bet withouth knowing what is good. In 3bet pots mistakes are more costly.

If I hit K top pair, I bet vs him 3 streets if he just calss. Same with 8x top pair. If its not top pair, but 2bd pair, still bet 2 streets, maybe even 3 but small bets for thin value.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I called with K high, becasue I think Kx has showdown value vs him and he is on the passive side postflop. He has much air preflop. So I am not calling just for a hit, but I thought maybe I can win from K high vs hands like 63o.

WHat could be much wider range vs him? I am afraid to get too spewy, and 3bet withouth knowing what is good. In 3bet pots mistakes are more costly.

If I hit K top pair, I bet vs him 3 streets if he just calss. Same with 8x top pair. If its not top pair, but 2bd pair, still bet 2 streets, maybe even 3 but small bets for thin value.
      With another fish in the pot we should not expect to have this HU postflop and thus should not expect to get to showdown with the best hand often.

Equilab K8o versus two ranges that they can play and see how well you do (you can put down random boards and look at the spread of his range). He is passive but still cbets half the time and if he goes to showdown with weak pairs/Ax then he will still bluff a fair amount.

3-bet range versus someone like him depends on his calling range and here it is huge so I'd probably 3-bet: AT+, 88+, All suited broadways, big offsuite broadways, some bigger suited connectors.

Don't forge that since he is not very aggro and still folds to cbets quite a bit we shouldn't have too hard of a time playing postflop.