[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom. Low TPTK. Good fold?

• redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Hey,

Is this one correctly folded? Villain is unknown and as soon as he shows aggression I think my TPTK is either already behind or there are plenty of turn and river cards that will put me behind. Looking at the villain's line this looks like a speculative/fishy call from BB which has hit the board well. I guess I'm answering my own doubts here but I'd appreciate your opinion.

Cheers!

Known Players:
      UTG2: $2.19 - 110 bb
      UTG3: $2.25 - 113 bb
      MP1: $1.92 - 96 bb
      MP2: $2.47 - 124 bb
      MP3: $2.16 - 108 bb
      CO: $3.02 - 151 bb
      BU: $2.11 - 106 bb
      SB: $2.01 - 101 bb
      BB: $2.00 - 100 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (9 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.109.1

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , 8:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), UTG2 calls, 4 folds, Hero raises for $0.10, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG2 calls

Flop: ($0.31 - 15.50 bb) 8:diamond: , 7:diamond: , 6:club: (3 Players)
      2 checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB raises for $0.58, UTG2 folds, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled back ($0.38)
  • 5 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is close, but if you think you can play this hand profitably I don't mind isolating here.

You could go for a little bit bigger size on the flop - like $0.24.
      Once BB check/raises I think folding is by far the best thing we can do here. Quite a lot of hands he could has here, plus he's raising against two opponents so I doubt that he would have a worse hand here at all.

Best,
      Plamen
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Thanks for you comments. I have a few questions in reply:

Is the larger Cbet because of the wet board or the fact that we're 3-way or both?

Also, I wasn't sure when I bet the flop whether it was a bluff or not... I mean, I have a made hand but it's pretty weak, and as I said before there are plenty of combodraw type hands and better made hands out there. Maybe a higher PP may even fold to my bet. Would my Cbet on the flop fall under the thin-value category?
      If the board was rainbow would chk/call the flop be a better line as we wouldn't even be extracting value from FDs?

I realise these are fairly noob-ey questions but I'm still getting to grips with the speed of online poker and processing all this stuff in a few seconds is frying my brain a bit; really trying to get into the correct mindset :s_ugly:
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hey,

There are no "noobish" questions and everyone has to start from somewhere, right?

So on the flop we are going to bet bigger due to the board texture here. We have a decent made hand and we can take value from worse (8x/7x/draws).
      I really don't think that an overpair would fold here and I wouldn't say that we are value betting thin.

If the board was rainbow I would bet here as well. Just refrain yourself from those check/call spots since they are likely to put you in a very tough situation on the later streets.
      We have to bet always here since:
      - we can win the pot right here, which is nice
      - we can get called by worse
      - we have the initiative so we can control the pot

Is there anything that left misunderstood or you have some other questions? Do not hesitate to ask.

Best,
      Plamen
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Hey,
      Thanks for your answers; I think you've given me enough to think about. I'm still working on justifying my actions at the moment - not just doing things blindly. Ill get back to it and post a new one when I get stuck again!

=)
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      That's cool.

I'm looking forward to see more hands from you in the forum.