This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQo top pair on turn

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      villain is pretty much unknown but seems fishy in the few hands he's played.

I had him on a flushdraw on the flop considering I don't think there's much else he'll have to call my cbet. A lot of opponents turn missed draws into a bluff on the river by shoving (think this is why I checked), and considering he hadn't raised at any point it made sense to call.

On the river the 8
      Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $17.39
      BTN: $7.14
      SB: $6.64
      BB: $10.61
      UTG: $11.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with A:club: Q:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) 6:spade: 5:spade: 5:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BTN calls $0.70, BB folds

Turn: ($2.35) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.35, BTN calls $1.35

River: ($5.05) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.79 all in, Hero calls $4.79

Final Pot: $14.63
      Hero shows A:club: Q:spade: (two pair, Aces and Fives)
      BTN shows K:spade: 9:spade: (a pair of Fives)
      Hero wins $13.97
      (Rake: $0.66)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: We shouldn't put him just on draws because for example 6x, some 5x and other pairs such as 77-JJ can still call. Possibly even worse/better pairs as well (22-44, QQ).

As played the turn should be a bigger cbet, especially if you just put him on draws because otherwise you lose value. Plus a lot of his FDs are nut FDs.

Without knowing if he can bluff or not on the river (or what he can bet for value) i prefer to bet myself and we get value from Ax, 87/89, 6x, etc.

As played calling is fine because he is really polarized there on the river. He is trying to represent 88/A8/79 or a huge slowplay which is rare.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I would skip cbet vs 2 fish

On turn we aim at his fd-s, ax fd-s, mid pockets, bet 2$ and ship river if blank.