MTT's

• nattybongo
      nattybongo
      Bronze
      isnt it annoyin when ur in a MTT tourney n ur strong cards r crap n ur weak hands when u fold them would of made u lots. MTT's r hard. Any advice on how u play them n how u've won them?
  • 5 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Yeah it happens alot to me, but I know I couldn't get in that pot with that hand so it's ok :) Anyway, I usually get no good hands on MTTs and I usually get kicked out on a coinflip... That's why they're boring, hours playing sometimes for nothing...
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      shit happens :) don't worry you can't constantly win like in every 2 tournaments you play. You just need to make a big hit once in a while, so be patient and play well - sooner or later you may get a reward.
    • maverickbear
      maverickbear
      Bronze
      Hi guys/gals

There are times when you need to throw it in with your weaker holdings
      it's important that you understand the concept of M
    • jockye
      jockye
      Silver
      What you describe is not actually a problem. I think you already realice that you can't play those crappy hands in an MTT. You will certaily get punished.

Just continue with your tight play and you will sooner or later get succesful
    • maverickbear
      maverickbear
      Bronze
      It's important not to waste any chips early in tournaments imo, for the first hour you have to play tight and try to accumalate chips, if you wait for top hands right through the tournament then the blinds will just catch you up and swallow you up, like i said before, you have to constantly keep an eye on your M and play accordingly, if you watch some tourneys later in the game you will see some strange plays, many people comment fish fish fish, in fact it is quite the opposite, unless you are fortunate enough to be blessed with a large stack throughout the tourney then you have get involved before you get swallowed up

The biggest mistake i see really is players who have a decent stack and push with hands like AJ AND JJ,

natty, i recomend you read dan harrington's tournament strategy
      mtt's are more about strategy than your hands

good luck