This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] ak 14 5

    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.01.2010 Posts: 2,478
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      BB ($5)
      Hero ($6.29)
      UTG ($4.33)
      UTG+1 ($2.32)
      CO ($20.56)

      Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:spade:

      Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, CO calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10

      FLOP ($0.45) 8:spade: 5:diamond: K:heart:

      BB checks, Hero bets $0.31, CO calls $0.31, BB folds

      TURN ($1.07) 8:spade: 5:diamond: K:heart: Q:club:

      Hero checks, CO bets $0.85, Hero folds

      CO wins $1

  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Hey Dracsharp,

      Preflop: looks fine

      Postflop: Looks like the same guy from the previous hand (KQhh).

      Why are we check folding that turn? Why not bet/fold?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.01.2010 Posts: 2,478
      B/f why ?

      He either has some legit call on flop set, kq, k8 or i don't see what else but if he is has nothing, better if we let him bluff. Would he turn his pp into now.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      B/f why ?

      He either has some legit call on flop set, kq, k8 or i don't see what else but if he is has nothing, better if we let him bluff. Would he turn his pp into now.
      You did ck/fold right? So bet/fold is far superior to ck/fold

      If you assign K8 in his range why can't he have KJ/KT/K9? He also hasn't folded a ton yet to cbets (don't really know when this was played in the sample).

      So anyway, back to the question. Why did you opt for ck/fold rather than ck/call or bet/fold?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.01.2010 Posts: 2,478
      Bet size. His bluffs and strong value should use it, but float in a multi pot might be something even he doesn't do.

      And giving him this call range
      JJ-22,AQs-A7s,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,AQo-AJo,KJo+

      Doesn't give him much room kq beats me, he might turn 8x into bluff sure.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Bet size. His bluffs and strong value should use it, but float in a multi pot might be something even he doesn't do.

      And giving him this call range
      JJ-22,AQs-A7s,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,AQo-AJo,KJo+

      Doesn't give him much room kq beats me, he might turn 8x into bluff sure.
      Well he does have absolute position and has shown a willingness to continue past flops.

      His turn bet also slightly polarizes his range because he is betting really strong there.

      Were you looking to ck/call a smaller bet or did you start the turn with the idea of ck/folding TPTK?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.01.2010 Posts: 2,478
      I planned on c/c but then he seemingly limited himself to nuts or nothing, i just couldn't believe many nothing in a multi pot.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I planned on c/c but then he seemingly limited himself to nuts or nothing, i just couldn't believe many nothing in a multi pot.
      But I think since he is really passive on the river and it would be hard for him to bluff to streets here you can at least call the turn.