SB ($57)
      Hero ($61.58)
      UTG ($49.25)
      CO ($113)
      BTN ($117)

Dealt to Hero 7:diamond: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.25, fold, Hero calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.75) 4:heart: K:club: 6:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero raises to $7, BTN raises to $12, Hero calls $5

TURN ($26.75) 4:heart: K:club: 6:club: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $26.75, Hero folds

BTN wins $25.42

Reg is 32 VPiP,25 PFR, 3bet 12.9%, 47% steal from button over 640 hands
      Only note so far is that he calls a lot of 3bets 60%(20 hands) and 4bets 10%(20 hands) and his fold to 3bets cbet is 33%. So I changed my range to more value in the 3bet and called this instead.

But yeah anyway back to the hand, I tend to do this sometimes to add some bluff to my cr range which is mostly value. Though I often get fought back at like this and when I do should I click it back small and see what he does or fold or actually never do this move?

When 47% range is 44+,A2s+,K2s+,Q3s+,J5s+,T6s+,96s+,86s+,76s,A2o+,K5o+,Q7o+,J8o+,T8o+,98o

His value hands can be 44, KK, 66, K6, K4s no clubs, Ac4c, AcXc and maybe some AK and other club draws don't know how he plays it. But I think he raise bigger with most of these unless he's fishing for a reclick/shove from me.
  • 2 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      He might not see 78s in your calling range? So you're flop raise probably doesn't represent much, mostly FDs or TP hands?

Is he cbetting too much?
      I think the flop 4bet does a couple of things.

First like you said, he is very likely fishing for more action.

But secondly when you call that, you pretty much tell him, that you have a drawing or mediocre hand (maybe top pair) and that if something scary doesn't hit the board, you will be easily pushed out. So if he also has a draw (or worse, because you rep so little), he is in a good spot.

But yeah, I have no idea. I'd probably fold and mark him as someone to watch out for. Even if he was getting fancy shoving with your gutshot doesn't look like too great an idea.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Hmmm I actually think given you are a little deep and he makes it so small, I prefer calling. The likelihood of him having some sort of combodraw is super low.

I would call with the plan of repping a flush. So I would bet the Turn on any club and shove the river. Size your bet such that you can bet super large on the river.