Help with Statistics

• dfjohnson049
      dfjohnson049
      Bronze
      Hi Everyone,
      This is my first post here.I'm new to poker and have been playing for about 6 weeks.I really love this game and am seriously interested in exploring and learning all I can about it.I need some help in understanding exactly what my MCTC statistics represent and how I can use them to monitor and improve my game.Some of the questions I have are;What do these say about my playing style?What ranges should I be trying to maintain in each category?How can I use them to improve my game?And any other useful information anyone can enlighten me with.Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,so I look forward to your replies.
      These are my MCTC Statistics for the last couple of days on PP;

Hands Played:1535

My Actions:

Fold:57.08% Bet:7.52%
      Call:15.98% Raise:6.94%
      Check:12.47% Re-Raise:0.22%

Where I Fold:

Pre-Flop:75.26% River:1.37%
      Flop:4.95% No-Fold:16.47%
      Turn:1.95%

Hands Won:13.02% Flops Seen:22.72%
      Showdowns Won:6.38% win% Flops Seen:42.69%

I know maybe I'm dense,but I'm not sure how to use this information to learn and improve and I need your help so please let me know what you think
      Thanks,
      Dave
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Dave,

Welcome to the community!

Where did you get these MCTC statistics? These kind of statistics don't correlate to any thing strategical or anything of note.

They are more or less pointless stats and aren't useful for playing style/ranges etc.

The statistics you are thinking about are from a HUD (Heads up display) but as you say you are a beginner I would not worry about them at all. Work on your game development, strategy, the basics and come back to statistics later on :)

Hope this helps,
      Gary
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there Dave and welcome!

Ok I have an idea for you. click the link at the bottom of this post that takes you to the NL Beginners Course [it's the big green one! :) ]. Fear not, it's totally free to join and the coaches are very patient as well as experts - believe me they are very patient, I did the course! :tongue: Just follow the instructions and off you go!
      You get to watch them play live and ask them any questions you like live as well. they will set you on the right path to stardom!

Have fun with Pokerstrategy, but if you need to know anything else, please just ask!

Regards,

Mal
    • dfjohnson049
      dfjohnson049
      Bronze
      Thank you for your response,I've taken your advice and have signed up for the NL beginners course.
      Dave
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Also what does MCTC stand for? Is it a kind of software?

You should try downloading either holdem manager 2 or poker tracker 4 and giving the free trials a whizz you will soon get used to all stats and numbers and they will be able to help you make your game better :)

You can find them both here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

Good luck
      Carl