[NL2-NL10] AKo, turn play.

• Lemosbr
      Lemosbr
      Bronze
      Well, not sure how well or how bad i played this hand, but i would like to know if i called correct on turn, when he made a 2-bet on me.

Party, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $7.91 (197.8 bb)
      MP: $4 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.99 (149.8 bb)
      SB: $8.14 (203.5 bb)
      UTG: $4.12 (103 bb)
      CO: $4.65 (116.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A K
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.12, CO calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.42) 4 2 4 (3 players)
      MP checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO folds

Turn: ($1.02) 4 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.72, MP raises to $1.44, Hero calls $0.72

River: ($3.90) K (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $2.14, MP calls $2.14 and is all-in

Results:
      $8.18 pot ($0.40 rake)
      Final Board: 4 2 4 4 K
      MP mucked Q Q and lost (-$4 net)
      Hero showed A K and won $7.78 ($3.78 net)
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lemosbr,

Welcome to the evaluation forums.

In the future please try to convert the hand into a more readable format (it makes it easier for everyone to read and reply to your hand). You can find more details on how to do this here: How to post a hand for discussion

Also, once a judge evaluates your hand and you post a reply that requires another answer you would need to click the "advise judge to take another look" button.

Now let's get to the hand.

First question I would have for you: do we have any information on the opponents?

Preflop this is a spot where we can 3-bet for value/bluff squeeze given the amount of money in the pot and the villains (for example if one or both are recreational we can raise for pure value).

Considering that the preflop raiser is the one taking the ck/call ck/minraise line I would fold the turn. Usually ck/raise on the turn is a strong hand and in this case it's almost always a slowplayed pair.

So, bottom line is that I would fold the turn.
    • Lemosbr
      Lemosbr
      Bronze
      Yeah, i've never posted before, thought that way was nice.

Well, MP (15/13), CO (37/11). If you want more information, let me know. I have 150 hands for the MP and just 27 for the CO.

On preflop, i dislike to 3-bet wiith 2 or more opponents, thats why i called.

About the turn... His hand range was wide, he could have overpair, overcards, flush draw, straight draw. Since he was passive, i thought one more bluff would be nice, since i could get the pot and still had 7 outs with another 4.

About his raise, i would fold if it was bigger, but dont you think that, if its just $0,72 of $3,18, i should've called?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Considering that we can 3-bet here to isolate the CO (fishy player) I would 3-bet here preflop. We can consider it a 3-bet as a bluff vs MP (if he is really tight vs 3-bets) and value versus CO (trying to isolate him for ourselves).

Villain is very tight overall and opens MP so he is most likely pretty tight so can you really expect him to have that many straight draws or flush draws (we even block Kh).

Once you get raised do you think you are ever ahead? Even if all our outs are live we have 6 outs, thus ~12% equity. That raise gives us about 18% pot odds so we don't get direct odds.
    • Lemosbr
      Lemosbr
      Bronze
      Just made one exactly 3-bet and it worked really well. :f_biggrin:

Well, i agree with you, for sure calling isnt a great idea, my point is that its not a big mistake too. Anyway, thanks for the help, should've folded (or not :s_cool: $$$).