[NL2-NL10] 14 77 26

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      This can be let for BogdanPs as followup as an example when i have no idea how much should i scale back my range.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.02)
      BB ($5)
      Hero ($23.31)
      UTG+1 ($7.95)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($4.83)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.47) 9:spade: 3:spade: T:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.47, BB folds, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $0.44

MP

CO

BU

SB

BB
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

How big are these guys 3-betting to? Mainly MP and SB?

My range would change somewhat considerably if they 3-bet normal (3-4x) or if they just min 3-bet.

Some adjustments we can make right away is to fold hands that we cannot continue much with. So if we get 3-bet a lot I'd drop low pockets, low suited connectors, etc.

The other adjustment we can make is to raise smaller or even consider limping some hands to keep the pot as small as possible preflop.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Standard 3b size,my lowest pocket was 77 here and i started considering using 88+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+,KQo , not that bad from utg but for other spots my range has to be considerably tighter too, i was not quite ready to go TT+,AQs+,AQo+.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Standard 3b size,my lowest pocket was 77 here and i started considering using 88+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+,KQo , not that bad from utg but for other spots my range has to be considerably tighter too, i was not quite ready to go TT+,AQs+,AQo+.
      I'd also recommend reducing the raise size (if we keep a wider range) and thus their 3-bets should be smaller and our SPR better postflop. Should give us a bit more room to maneuver especially because our edge usually comes from playing a stronger range postflop.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      How unusual suggestions, i tend to just call behind never folding fishes in late position with low-mid pp and and possibly sc-s but usually we aim to bet as big as they call and with as strong cards, and i do scale my bets if they don't look by minraising bu/co with low pp against fishes instead of folding it, but usually we aim to bet big with strong range. The problem with raising marginal hands early utg/mp with small size that it can either chain people up making a huge multi pot not really what we want, or it gets 3betted but likely in position which is also not our wet dream. I make a habit of 2x the button against usual regs because it rarely makes a difference. I am familiar with raising less if you expect 3b but i rarely get to implement it example would be 2 blinds with 25% 3b and i have something like at from co, many times you can't take the 3b regardless and other times you want it.

You say you would openlimp and when and with what ?

Limp is often punished by raise even by fishes i usually prefer minraise least because it least have some fe and also less likely to be raised, many times i stand facing a .3 .35 cent bet from blinds when i limp behind big never folding fishes, which usually ends in a fold due to the obviousness of my hand.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      My suggestions were strictly for EP/MP considering that we have at least 2 aggro fish behind us.

We can still call speculative hands like low PPs and lower connectors if we are playing multiway or don't face the threat of tons of 3-bets.

What we have to keep in mind in this unique example is that we won't see many flops cheap, and when we do we are caught either multiway or OOP (or both) which means that we won't be able to bluff often (or even semibluff as much) so a lot of the hands that rely of FE to show a better profit will do rather poorly.

Overlimping the weaker, speculative part, of our range may prevent the pot from getting blown out of proportion as in an example of us isolating (raising) and then getting 3-bet by the aggro fish behind. For example lets say the current SB is in UTG and then we are CO and aggro fish is right behind us on the BTN.