This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH QJs 4bet pot

• mihninho
      mihninho
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $41.76
      UTG: $31.38
      CO: $6.40
      Hero (BTN): $65.45
      SB: $37.10

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has J:heart: Q:heart:

UTG calls $0.25, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, BB raises to $4.00, fold, Hero raises to $9.25, BB calls $5.25

Flop: ($18.85, 2 players) 9:spade: 2:heart: 8:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $8.95, BB raises to $32.51 and is all-in, Hero calls $23.56

So villain is a regular i have 106 hands with him.He has a 12 % 3bet from blinds and 15 % over all.He plays 22 19 with AF of 2.So pf QJs against his range it's the bottom of my range so i did not called i 4 bet.He calls the 4bet !! wow !!.I put this in equilab and gave him a range like 88+,AJs+,KQs,AKo and it's 50 50.Bad mistake for me to go all in.What should i do pf? And in the situation of the flop should i ch back flop fold turn.
  • 1 reply
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Hey,

First of all I wouldn't pay tooo much attention to his 3bet stats over this sample. I think semideep like we are QJs plays decent postflop so I don't mind calling.

I think the range you give him postflop is too linear, imo it should be much more polarized. I expect him to flat a bunch of the more speculative hands you included in the range, like 88 and AJs, and as I said to 3bet more polarized. Once he calls the 4bet I give him some combos of slowplayed monsters and hands that play decent postflop that he chose to 3bet bluff with (something like J8s).

With so much money in the pot I like just betting and getting it in, we have good equity against pretty much anything.