[NL20-NL50] NL25 3bet pot fold

• Heffron89
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, 3 folds, MP3 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.85) 2, 4, 6 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP3 raises to $5.50, Hero calls $3.00.

Turn: ($15.85) 8 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

River: ($24.85) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $23.75, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $24.85.

This was a pretty interesting hand I just played.

Preflop: Pretty standard 3bet I guess, he has 52% fold to 3bet EP, so calling I put him on pocket pairs, except AA (maybe QQ), and AK pretty much considering we´re only 100bb deep eff I dont think he will call loser than that.

Flop: I cbet standard, when he minrr me I put his range to 22, 44, 66 or AA, Considering im a pretty tight 3bettor and especially MP vs CO ( have played quite few hands w/ this guy so I guess he has some hands on me), so AK is probably never doing this play, QQ,JJ,TT is calling in this spot because general nl25 player just cbet flop and give up turns, and if I had a non pair hand here I would just fold.
      Because he made it min i decided to call and reevaluate on turn, but I was really thinking on just folding.

Turn: Looks like he wanna suck me into the pot by making a ridic small raise here, pretty much repping the nuts, should have just folded here by now he has a set 100% of the time pretty much or AA.

River: he snap shoves, not much to say there.

Any thoughts? am I giving him a way to tight range here?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

I think you are giving him indeed a very very tight range. I doubt he slowplays all AA hands. I would usually 3bet flop here expecting to see some overpairs getting it in like JJ, QQ some of the time (not always). 33, 55 can also bluff occasionally having a gutshot and making their life easy vs AK, AQ so I would be very reluctant to fold and since most of his hands are some that have showdown value I would 3bet for value. If you just call flop though, I think turn is a shove. You don't win everytime you get it in and if you really pin point his range to sets or AA it's a fold. I think stacking off KK here is fine until you can confirm that range. If you 3bet flop and he folds or folds to turn shove you know that's not his range already, same if you find QQ in his range.