BTN: 158.2 BB
      SB: 186.52 BB
      Hero (BB): 329.76 BB
      UTG: 294.28 BB
      MP: 56.24 BB
      CO: 172.24 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: T:spade:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 13 BB, fold, CO calls 10 BB

Flop: (29.4 BB, 2 players) 7:club: 6:club: 6:diamond:
      Hero bets 16 BB, CO calls 16 BB

Turn: (61.4 BB, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets 36 BB, Hero raises to 300.76 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 126.76 BB

CO 890 hands VPiP 24, PFR 18, 3bet 6, 4bet 15. call cbet in 3bet pot 5/8
      call sqeeze 3/5, fold to 3bet 60%

MP 1k hands, VpIP 24, PFR 17, fold to sqeeze 86%, fold to 3bet 85%

I bluff sqeeze here with blocker, and MP folds so much to 3bet. If CO calls I have no problem, because he mostly calls with PP and doesnt hit set.

I planned from flop to 3 barrel against him, because on this board he will hardly fold any PP but if scare card comes he cant call anymore deep with PP.

Is turn push so bad? I was hoping he folds PP, he could have problem calling Jx, fd. and I doubt he calls preflop with suited cards. I am good even if he calls 89, 54 here. I represent AJ, QQ+ and he represents with his bet just flush or 77.
      So I need him to fold 66% of time to be profitable, do I have it, or this was lucky?

I did it because he is regg and tight.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Turn push is so spewy. At least if you had a club it wouldn't be so bad. Thing is that you don't even rep much besides flushes. Would you play an overpair this way? it doesn't even make sense, looks so much like a draw. You probably just bet the Turn again with a flush too.

If you had a strong hand you will not give him the chance to pot control and will just bet the Turn yourself. so you just don't rep anything which makes me dislike the play a lot.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Yeah you are right, my line was horrible on turn. But even so horrible I think most people have hard time calling AJ, and PP because it is deep, and I was counting on that.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Another thing I would like to point out is that I expect pocketpairs to pot control the Turn a lot. This weights his turn betting range more towards flushes and air. Given stack depth preflop I expect him to defend a ton of suited Aces and connectors. so I don't like this play at all.