Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, SB calls $0.07, fold

FLOP ($0.18) 7:heart: 6:heart: A:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12

TURN ($0.42) 7:heart: 6:heart: A:heart: 6:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, SB calls $0.22

RIVER ($0.86) 7:heart: 6:heart: A:heart: 6:diamond: 2:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows Q:diamond: A:diamond: (Pre 48%, Flop 55.3%, Turn 75.0%)SB shows 9:heart: 9:spade: (Pre 52%, Flop 44.7%, Turn 25.0%)Hero wins $0.82

I cbet on the flop for value and protection
      On turn I cbet again because I think my hand might be ahead, he might have peeled to see the turn as he might have a heart in his range and he would probably raise me with sets and AK would raise me preflop, also Im planning on checking the turn card behind just to keep it on the safer side which I do since the card is basically a blank

everything ok in my thought process here/bet sizings

edit: villain stats are 16/5 AF 1.8 over little more than 50 hands
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: your thought process for flop/turn is fine but on the river we are losing value by not betting again.

As you said most better hands would raise you by now so his range is Ax (with or without heart), pairs+heart, KhX maybe QhX.

So let's bet the river and get some more value from Ax and pairs especially since the turn and river are so dry (perfect for more valuebets).
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      thank you...will do this next time Im in a similar situation...what sizing do you think we should use? 1/3, 1/2 or maybe more though I doubt anyone but fish would call more on the river
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      thank you...will do this next time Im in a similar situation...what sizing do you think we should use? 1/3, 1/2 or maybe more though I doubt anyone but fish would call more on the river
      16/5 may qualify as a recreational player still (although sample is still small) so I would look at betting between 1/2- 2/3 pot on this super blank river.

On like a T/J/K we can bet smaller because some more of his pairs may get scared.