[NL2-NL10] 99 3-way 3-bet pot

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      This is vs. an opponent who somewhat frequently 3-bets in position, the guy who calls behind on SB is just a passive player looking to see a flop.

Opponent will always c-bet in a 3-bet pot, so we can expect he will c-bet with AK/AJ or 88+. I think his c-bet on the flop is too weak to represent AQ/QQ on such a dry flop and I think I can get TT/JJ to fold here too.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $7.03
      Hero (CO): $9.85
      BTN: $7.20
      SB: $11.18

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with 9:club: 9:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, BTN raises to $0.95, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.95) Q:heart: 6:club: Q:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.45, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.95, BTN folds

Final Pot: $5.85
      Hero wins $5.59
      (Rake: $0.26)
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: Considering SB called and we close to action I don't mind calling however BTN is not even full stacked.

As played what's our plan if we get raised or called?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      About that guys cbet size.. Usually people should cbet ~1/2 pot, so he bet standard. I could play this hand the same way if he is exploitable with his bet-sizes and if he is nit enough to always fold here without Q.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      About that guys cbet size.. Usually people should cbet ~1/2 pot, so he bet standard. I could play this hand the same way if he is exploitable with his bet-sizes and if he is nit enough to always fold here without Q.
      he has also 3-bet me on btn quite often so he could even be holding something worse and more often than not he will be looking to take down the pot on the flop with a c-bet anyway as he's in position.

As played what's our plan if we get raised or called?

if he shoved over the top of me or re-raised I think I'd have to fold, if he calls it depends on the turn card, would probably be check/folding any high card.

I don't think I thought that far ahead so I'm not sure how I would have handled it if he called, I don't think I'd be looking to put the rest of my stack in so I might just be checking it down if possible.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I don't mind our line here if we have seen him cbet a lot, especially in multiway pots (I don't see the sample of hands you have on him). It's a bit on the spewy though because given his stack size I doubt that he folds many pairs after putting in ~33% of his stack.

if we do get called I'd just give up on my hand. There's no way he will fold anything given the amount of money left.