[NL2-NL10] 89s

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      ***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (Prima)
      €10.00 EUR NL Texas Hold'em - Monday, January 14, 08:52:57 ET 2013
      Table KernstownII (Real Money)
      Seat 2 is the button
      Seat 1: Player1 ( €18.86 EUR ) - VPIP: 29, PFR: 9, 3B: 2, AF: 1.1, Hands: 919
      Seat 2: Player2 ( €3.71 EUR ) - VPIP: 42, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.3, Hands: 12
      Seat 3: Player3 ( €10.39 EUR ) - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 20, AF: 0.0, Hands: 19
      Seat 4: Player4 ( €12.43 EUR ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 8, AF: 3.6, Hands: 580
      Seat 5: Player5 ( €29.99 EUR ) - VPIP: 18, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 2.4, Hands: 2180
      Seat 6: Hero ( €10.00 EUR ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 7, AF: 3.1, Hands: 77772

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $18.86 (188.6 bb)
      BTN: $3.71 (37.1 bb)
      SB: $10.39 (103.9 bb)
      BB: $12.43 (124.3 bb)
      Hero (MP): $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8 9
      Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) T 2 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.75) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

River: ($1.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.20 and is all-in, BTN calls $2.91 and is all-in

should i just check the turn? he feels pretty weak and we pick up SD.

When he calls i wasnt sure what to do when i hit river, he seems pretty fishy and think he has a hard time folding Tx and 2x. also slowplayed overpairs
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Gxtwo,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What would your plan be if he calls the turn and we brick on the river? Do we bluff any cards or give up?

As played shoving the river is probably best to maximize value against made hands. If he has a busted draw he folds for a smaller bet anyway.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      I think I would bet river on a blank. 90c? They have a lot of Ax hands thy don't like to fold and also the busted FD. Not really sure what hand I represent? Could easily have Tx I guess. But most likely he's thinking about his own cards, and if he doesn't hit anything he'll give up
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      I think I would bet river on a blank. 90c? They have a lot of Ax hands thy don't like to fold and also the busted FD. Not really sure what hand I represent? Could easily have Tx I guess. But most likely he's thinking about his own cards, and if he doesn't hit anything he'll give up
      Yes, we should not worry a ton about what we represent against recreational players.

Now all rivers are great for us to bet on but a smaller bet like 90c can still get him to fold better hands.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Yes, we should not worry a ton about what we represent against recreational players.

Now all rivers are great for us to bet on but a smaller bet like 90c can still get him to fold better hands.
      all rivers are good for us to bet? even ones that complete FDs and broadways?

so 90c is correct sizing to get him to fold his unpaired hands that beat us aswell as busted FDs?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

so 90c is correct sizing to get him to fold his unpaired hands that beat us aswell as busted FDs?
      That should read "aren't" great.

What I meant is if the board pairs up the 2 or even the T/6 or brings in lower cards it's generally not a great idea to try to bluff the fishy guy because we will have considerably less FE.

The high cards, including high FD cards are good to barrel on.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze

That should read "aren't" great.

What I meant is if the board pairs up the 2 or even the T/6 or brings in lower cards it's generally not a great idea to try to bluff the fishy guy because we will have considerably less FE.

The high cards, including high FD cards are good to barrel on.
      lol i was a bit confused :p

so like J+ we barrel? dont you think his range is made up of alot of FDs?
      I think he still has alot of Ax,Qx,Kx that will fold, so betting makes sense.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      He does have fds but can also have 6x and other pairs as well.

Our target on the river should not be to get him to fold Tx+. So any other card that can get us to fold the rest is a good card to bet on.