SB ($2.45)
      BB ($2)
      Hero ($2.12)
      UTG+1 ($3.44)
      UTG+2 ($0.62)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($1.97)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: J:heart:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.24) K:diamond: 2:spade: 7:club:

SB checks, BB bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18, SB folds

TURN ($0.60) K:diamond: 2:spade: 7:club: Q:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

RIVER ($1.20) K:diamond: 2:spade: 7:club: Q:spade: 8:club:

BB bets $1.14, Hero folds

BB wins $1.14

SB is 45/15 AF 1.1 over 160 hands
      BB is unknown

I call his donk bet because I think I still might be good here and I think he might be just donking with air...on the turn I bet because he checked me and thought he really was donking here as a bluff, he calls though and with that big bet on the river I think Im probably not so good so I just fold here...

Should I have taken some other line and what would be better and why?

thanks
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine although a bit light UTG.

Postflop: I like our line here on both the flop and the turn.

The though process for both flop and turn is fine and your bet size on turn is good because we are keeping him with a wider range (for example 7x, 88, 99, etc).

on the river, if he is a passive fish or unknown folding is fine. I doubt he bluffs often like that. What do you think he represents there?
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      he either has a set which he played weird on the flop, Kx type of hand that might have improved on the turn(which he played weird if it was KQ) or river(more likely K8s or something like that), he could also had 87s or 88 as you said in his range...I cannot think any other hands that could bet this big on river as value
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      he either has a set which he played weird on the flop, Kx type of hand that might have improved on the turn(which he played weird if it was KQ) or river(more likely K8s or something like that), he could also had 87s or 88 as you said in his range...I cannot think any other hands that could bet this big on river as value
      Considering the flop and how dry it is we can discount most draws unless he donks random hands that pick up a draw on the turn.

I see this line a lot with hands that are strong or that just improved on the turn like KQ