[NL20-NL50] $7.50 cap NL: call down with top pair with QJ?

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, $7.50 Betting Cap, 8 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $6.90
      SB: $11.55
      BB: $26.45
      UTG: $13.70
      UTG+1: $14.85
      MP1: $8.40
      Kruppe (MP2): $41.15
      CO: $20

Pre-Flop: Q:spade: J:spade: dealt to Kruppe (MP2)
      UTG+1 raises to $0.85, Kruppe calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.05) 3:diamond: 5:diamond: 2:spade: (2 Players)
      UTG+1 checks, Kruppe checks

Turn: ($2.05) Q:club: (2 Players)
      UTG+1 bets $2.05, Kruppe folds
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      WHy did you call pf with QJs if you want to fold when someone bets pot on Q high board? But I´d also fold, smells like AA or KK most of the time.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      for flush/straight /2 pair etc. i think that's profitable against the really loose cap NL opponents.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      for flush/straight /2 pair etc. i think that's profitable against the really loose cap NL opponents.
      That's unlikely to happen and I think it's not so good to play for a FD/straight on heads-up.

Anyway depending on the opponent you could call, if he was unknown a fold isn't bad.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      Problem with cap that you never gonna get paid enough, since you can only get 7,5$ at their stack. So folding pf is better. And you don't hit flush/2 pair that often.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      The pot sized bet worries a lot, you are likely to be behind to KQ, I would put villain 80% of times here on KQ and only on KQ, because AQ he would cbet, AA, KK he would have tried to protect vs draw heavy board and bet bet for value in position, the only case when he can hold AA or KK is if you had an agressive image at the table and he tried to make you bet the turn, which is very unlikely. Turn is the Q, you check and he bets for value/protects. If QT suited is in his pf raise range you can count on this hand too. If he is a loose player, then it's probably QT, because loose players cbet KQ 90% of the time. In conclusion, it's crucial you observe how, when and how much everyone bets at your table, if you know the villain's betting pattern, and he is either checking or betting pot sized bet, then it's like he is on simple range of hands, if this bet surprised you then you must be worry that it is either a bluff or value bet with a strong hand.