Tournament Special with Chenny8888[Beginner]

    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.10.2007 Posts: 19,324
      Hey guys!

      Welcome to the coaching thread for "Tournament Special with Chenny8888 [Beginner] Basic".

      I'm a professional poker player from Auckland, New Zealand. I've been playing poker for a couple years now, with maybe a 50/50 split between online and live poker. I started out as a sit'n'go player, moved to cash games (where I started off my professional career), and am now predominantly a tournament player.

      This coaching is a very freeform coaching. There is no set structure, and we will go over either single table tournaments or multitable tournaments. Coachings may even include satellites, depending on my mood at the time :s_cool: . Tournaments played will not necessarily be for beginners only either! I hope to have a bit of something for everyone in these coachings. In fact, if you have any interesting hand histories, please post them so we can go over them at some time!

      Details about the coaching are listed below, and if you have any questions please feel free to visit the coaching and/or post in this thread!

      • Name of coaching: Tournament Special with Chenny8888 [Beginner]
      • Poker Room: Pokerstars
      • Status: Basic+
      • Time: Sunday, 23:00-00:30 CET (GMT+2)


      Hand History Reviews:

      You can upload them here!

      Videos!

      You can view videos of past coachings here!
  • 20 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Moderator
      Moderator
      Joined: 22.09.2006 Posts: 8,241
      Hey chenny :)

      My question:
      The title "Tournament Special" suggests a mtt coaching. When I tuned in the last time you were playing sng's. Therefore: What is your coaching about?

      Regards,
      Asaban
    • vergato
      vergato
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2011 Posts: 45
      will it be the upcoming sunday or is it a post-coaching thread?
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.05.2009 Posts: 3,142
      Hey guys!

      I'll be substituting chenny tomorrow, which means 9-men SnGs only! Hope you will enjoy it all the same :)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.10.2007 Posts: 19,324
      Originally posted by Asaban
      Hey chenny :)

      My question:
      The title "Tournament Special" suggests a mtt coaching. When I tuned in the last time you were playing sng's. Therefore: What is your coaching about?

      Regards,
      Asaban
      Hi Asaban! There's not really much of a set routine to this coaching, it's very much freeform! That said for my next coaching I will be continuing with my hand evaluation of the Sunday 162 6-max I was reviewing ~3 weeks ago. In future (I will ask for this in the coaching), users will be able to submit their HHs for review!
    • Rammie
      Rammie
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.02.2011 Posts: 51
      Hi Chenny this one probably has most spots of recent tourneys:

      http://www.filedropper.com/exportholdemmanager2002042013230428

      $11 rebuy on Ongame
    • Rammie
      Rammie
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.02.2011 Posts: 51
      thanks for the great coaching chenny gave me plenty of spots to look at for the future :)
    • AlekS20000
      AlekS20000
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2008 Posts: 3
      i think good move with 98/just u PUMPS in top range/ well played gl next time.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.10.2007 Posts: 19,324
      Originally posted by AlekS20000
      i think good move with 98/just u PUMPS in top range/ well played gl next time.
      Thanks AlekS! It's definitely on the looser side, and it's a hand that I wouldn't mind doing in more detail next week :) . Generally speaking, at the lower stakes: people are not willing to go broke light enough (especially deep in tournaments), yet put money in way too liberally preflop (both calling and raising).
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.01.2012 Posts: 2,220
      Hey Chenny, kinda off topic, but can you say much about the cash games at Sky City? How soft are they and what stakes? 9max only or some 6max?

      I only played one tournament there and that went well, wasn't rolled for the cash games as by the time tourney was over it was only 2/4 table playing. But I watched a few hands and tried to hand read as I usually would if I was playing, saw a lot of aggression and assumed it was 2pair vs TPTK, ended up being AT vs A7 all in on river AQ692 so they were massively overplaying their hands, is this standard play there?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.10.2007 Posts: 19,324
      Originally posted by metza
      Hey Chenny, kinda off topic, but can you say much about the cash games at Sky City? How soft are they and what stakes? 9max only or some 6max?

      I only played one tournament there and that went well, wasn't rolled for the cash games as by the time tourney was over it was only 2/4 table playing. But I watched a few hands and tried to hand read as I usually would if I was playing, saw a lot of aggression and assumed it was 2pair vs TPTK, ended up being AT vs A7 all in on river AQ692 so they were massively overplaying their hands, is this standard play there?
      Hey, 10max only, 2/4 with a 300? I think, buy-in. Some PLO occasionally, that's usually 1/2? (don't quote me on this heh).

      Yeah, in live poker generally people overplay one pair significantly. It's one of the biggest things. If people show a lot of aggression they still generally have it, but hands like overpairs+ etc are hard to fold for the reason you just stated ^^
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.10.2007 Posts: 19,324
      Just created an upload form on my FTP! You can now use the easy link located in the first post to upload hand histories to my FTP! Once you've done that, please link me to the file (in the thread). Next week we will continue reviewing my Sunday Million "run".
    • sidderaal
      sidderaal
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.08.2011 Posts: 11
      I tried to upload a HH. Did not succeed in it. Do you have some e-mailadress to which I can send it. I am no computer wizard, but I can send an e-mail with the HH more easily than upload it. I do get only a message invalid file if I try to upload it. ?(
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.10.2007 Posts: 19,324
      Originally posted by sidderaal
      I tried to upload a HH. Did not succeed in it. Do you have some e-mailadress to which I can send it. I am no computer wizard, but I can send an e-mail with the HH more easily than upload it. I do get only a message invalid file if I try to upload it. ?(
      the link should work now. i had to re-code the script

      if it still does not work, please copy paste the message you get and let me know what filename the file is... but it should work. as far as i know, the hand history should be somethingsomething.txt or somethingsomething.xml
    • sidderaal
      sidderaal
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.08.2011 Posts: 11
      I don't see any extension to the file which I did get from pokerstars by e-mail. Perhaps I should do something with the file in the e-mail, but I am not that good with computers.....
    • sidderaal
      sidderaal
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.08.2011 Posts: 11
      I think I managed now in sending one HH to you. It would be nice if you could look whether it really succeeded. I have some more HH if you want.
    • legomanth
      legomanth
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.05.2011 Posts: 630
      I have uploaded my HH from Sunday big little tournament. Could I upload some hand histories from SNG turbo full ring with BI from 2$ to 10$?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.10.2007 Posts: 19,324
      Originally posted by legomanth
      I have uploaded my HH from Sunday big little tournament. Could I upload some hand histories from SNG turbo full ring with BI from 2$ to 10$?
      Sure, just make sure to link the hand history once it's uploaded here, so I can get them before the coachings.
    • legomanth
      legomanth
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.05.2011 Posts: 630
      The big little tournament

      5$ 9man turbo

      10$ 9man turbo

      Another 10$ 9man turbo
    • Jennifer83
      Jennifer83
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.05.2013 Posts: 29
      Hi,
      great coaching yesterday!

      I have a Hand History I would like to share, but I dont know nothing about uploading. Is it ok to just post it as text like in the forums where you can get feedback?
    • 1
    • 2