Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.15)
      BB ($10.70)
      UTG ($4.11)
      CO ($5.09)
      Hero ($5.26)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: T:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, BB raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.21

FLOP ($0.74) 4:spade: T:diamond: Q:spade:

BB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.54) 4:spade: T:diamond: Q:spade: J:diamond:

BB bets $0.80, Hero folds

BB wins $1.44

Not sure why i folded turn but it's a close one at best he is probably on value most likely having and ace, also double fd is out.
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What's your plan after that flop cbet call?

How many turns are we continuing on or are we just hoping he checks?

I prefer to fold here on the flop without much info on his tendencies.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      His turn aggro drops sharply so i believe flop call was legit. I planned to give up on further aggression without improvement.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      His turn aggro drops sharply so i believe flop call was legit. I planned to give up on further aggression without improvement.
      We really can't call 6 turn hands (without counting this one) a sample - 2 bets out of 6. Plus this is a 3-bet pot where his range is supposed to be stronger.

Considering he's most likely not bluffing pre with such a 3-bet his range hits that board relatively well so I'm not too keen on putting more money in.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He could have some pairs true but he could be might as well on ax or ax with fd , or low pairs , and if he has pairs those are not always the best.

Pre i called his 3b because he is bluffing like crazy and this card was good enough to call but we can't just autofold to a 25%~ range

With this realistic range he looks pretty good but i should not autofold
      55+,AQs+,A9s-A2s,K9s-K4s,Q9s-Q8s,J8s+,T9s,98s,AQo+,A9o-A8o,KTo-K9o,QTo-Q9o,J9o+,T9o

This might be off, he might use total trash for it too, considering how eager he was so far.

Frankly i need more convincing how could we let go of a pair against an aggro 3better who also agro on the flop but not as much on the turn. We called in pre to call in when we hit, or even bluff it, because fit or fold not going to suit our needs, if he was a maniac with 3 street agro i could muck it on the flop, but we don't that about him and that's not what i would assume.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      The reason I don't like our play is because you are basing your entire premise on 6 samples of turn aggression.

If he has such a wide range why can't he still bluff or bet draws on the turn (not necessarily on this turn but rather in general).

If we flop a bluffcatcher versus his wide, unknown 3-bet range we should consider calling 2-3 streets or just fold on the flop. The reason being is that I expect an aggro 3-bettor and flop aggressor to not stop in a 3-bet pot after just one street and I think we will often call one street and fold turn (given our line) so you are just putting money into the pot with little chance of success.

What would you have done on let's say a 2h on the turn?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I didn't assume he would never turn bet, nor i considered his turn aggro will be very representative but it's a good indication also extra read is his river aggro again low, surely if he is that aggro he would usually have more.

Actually reevaluating we could have called the turn and could have called the turn on a blank too, this J didn't help us that much considering made our 2nd into 3rd pair, but probably don't matter that much he is either on bluff or tp+. Turn bluff is a good one he could fold every pocket i have with that but river bet would at most aim at tx.

If we call flop we should call turn least every non "A" turn.

My play is mainly based on his aggro and his 3b, but at that session i tried to play more conservatively.

You are suggesting i should handle him little bit like i would a maniac but in that case if we are unsure, we should just 4b/f pre and be done with it, also we have no info if he would fold to it but he looks like a reg who just loves to 3b (or just got lucky) and he can have a 3b/f range. Also high flop af% and lowish/normal other street aggro also points to a reg.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I didn't assume he would never turn bet, nor i considered his turn aggro will be very representative but it's a good indication also extra read is his river aggro again low, surely if he is that aggro he would usually have more.

Actually reevaluating we could have called the turn and could have called the turn on a blank too, this J didn't help us that much considering made our 2nd into 3rd pair, but probably don't matter that much he is either on bluff or tp+. Turn bluff is a good one he could fold every pocket i have with that but river bet would at most aim at tx.

If we call flop we should call turn least every non "A" turn.

My play is mainly based on his aggro and his 3b, but at that session i tried to play more conservatively.

You are suggesting i should handle him little bit like i would a maniac but in that case if we are unsure, we should just 4b/f pre and be done with it, also we have no info if he would fold to it but he looks like a reg who just loves to 3b (or just got lucky) and he can have a 3b/f range. Also high flop af% and lowish/normal other street aggro also points to a reg.
      You nailed it here. If you played more conservatively start on the flop. No reason to put more money in here where we can't accurately expect him to slow down on the turn. We can hope he slows down because in the very few samples we have (mainly SRP) he didn't bet as often.

Otherwise just call flop and turn and go from there.