UTG shows Q:club: J:diamond:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 57.7%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero wins $5.66

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks good however, considering his weaker raise size, we can also 3-bet here as a bluff (unless this is his standard open?).

Postflop: Given the board texture it's very unlikely that he ever has a worse flush so his range is either sets or 2p and rarely a QJ hand so I think we should raise that turn slightly bigger and try to shove the river unless you think he can fold a strong made hand.

Once we see he shows up with QJo maybe his 2.5x open is a sign of weakness which we can now abuse.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I was not sure he would go broke here, and if he is he might do it himself so i just picked a size he would most likely call with the widest range.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I was not sure he would go broke here, and if he is he might do it himself so i just picked a size he would most likely call with the widest range.
      Given the fact that he called the turn on obvious draw completing, a draw he cannot have, what's his "widest" range? His widest range, in my opinion, is just strong made hands (strong in the sense of absolute value rather than relative value which are hands that most people here can't fold). We are looking at at least 2p, if not sets+
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      ak-at,qjs,aa-kk,tt,kt

Yes i am might be giving him too much credit but what do my range look like especially after i big c/r turn to around 1,6-2$ and shove river ? I could fold in his shoes, even to turn, expect with sets for odds.

Am i ever bluffing that turn ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      ak-at,qjs,aa-kk,tt,kt

Yes i am might be giving him too much credit but what do my range look like especially after i big c/r turn to around 1,6-2$ and shove river ? I could fold in his shoes, even to turn, expect with sets for odds.

Am i ever bluffing that turn ?
      Nope, we shouldn't expect to ever bluff there and we should expect a flush almost always.

However, we should not give credit to these guys for even bothering to think about our range and then act on it. Most of these tighter regs still play their 2 cards and can't fold strong hands (that's why we don't want to bluff them off of strong hands even on scare cards).

We know that most sets/2p would call a bigger turn raise so we should start there.